Bully Dog GT Tuner for Jeep

cuongdyna

I just installed Bully Dog GT Tuner. I like the turner so far. A lot of options from transmission temp to sway bar disconnect 2W drive too much list.

The only con is during installation the tuner would lock up and throw wrong code. The installation took 4 1/2 hours and 4 hour is on the phone with Tech-support!!! So if you get this tuner make sure your cell phone is charged.

image-2753956661.jpg

image-1461320429.jpg

image-2530463325.jpg

Attachments

• image-2833968133.jpg
    image-2833968133.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
what was the error related to and how did it finally get resolved? I'm about to buy this tuner

cuongdyna

what was the error related to and how did it finally get resolved? I'm about to buy this tuner

The code error was internal they made the changes so I cannot tell you. It did get resolved but it take them 4 hours to help me do it.

Last edited:

Rigid1969

Bully Dog

I just installed my unit last night and so far, so good. I do really like the premium tune(using premium fuel) pretty peppy. The speedo works finally with the 35's and shift points seem to be a little more "correct".
I did not however get any bad codes, errors or lock ups during install.
I even goofed up the switching on and off during a test going back to the stock config. After power cycling it, it started back from the beginning.
I guess I am happy so far.
Once I figure out what all to do with it.

cuongdyna

I just installed my unit last night and so far, so good. I do really like the premium tune(using premium fuel) pretty peppy. The speedo works finally with the 35's and shift points seem to be a little more "correct".
I did not however get any bad codes, errors or lock ups during install.
I even goofed up the switching on and off during a test going back to the stock config. After power cycling it, it started back from the beginning.
I guess I am happy so far.
Once I figure out what all to do with it.

Very cool, I'm learning more about the turner everyday and it does a lot cool stuff. One of them is the Performance test. Tested my JK from 0-100 km in 10.6 sec was the best that I can do in Regular tune. I'm going to see how premium with 91 octane is going to do next full up.

Glady to see your installation want well.

Last edited:

Rigid1969

just tried it

Very cool, I'm learning more about the turner everyday and it does a lot cool stuff. One of them is the Performance test. Tested my JK from 0-100 km in 10.6 sec was the best that I can do in Regular tune. I'm going to see how premium with 91 octane is going to do next full up.

Glady to see your installation want well.

Just tried the 0 to 100 kph
coming of a dusty shoulder and not able to bury the throttle for a second or so, I hit the 9.6 seconds in the premium mode.
I will try another day under better conditions.

Rigid1969

Better Conditions

Just tried the 0 to 100 kph
coming of a dusty shoulder and not able to bury the throttle for a second or so, I hit the 9.6 seconds in the premium mode.
I will try another day under better conditions.

ok, mostly perfect conditions:
8.6 seconds, 0 to 100 kph.
Any thoughts?
Oh, by the way, 2 inch lift with 35's.

cuongdyna

ok, mostly perfect conditions:
8.6 seconds, 0 to 100 kph.
Any thoughts?
Oh, by the way, 2 inch lift with 35's.

Cool, well straight flat road. 91 octane premium tune my jk is on 37s with 410 gears 0-100 kph 10.3 sec. On Regular tune was 10.6 was the time that I got. Each time tested it was on the same road.

Top Bottom