center housing replacement?

robx251

Caught the Bug
I'm sure it is a lot of work, but has anyone ever replaced the center housing on the front axle from the d30 to the 44? I ask because I found this on ebay.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dana-44-Hig...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51adc032dc&vxp=mtr and it is cheap enough, I plan on doing a selectable locker, thinking e-locker. If I remember correctly the tubes are the same on our 30s as the 44s. I think our tube diameter is 2.5" someone will correct me on that I'm sure if I'm wrong, and the one on ebay is 3" in theory, out tubes might slide in the cut off ends??? plus 95% of the mounts on the existing tubes less to mess with... I'm just spit-balling here but anyone done this or thought about it? and yes I do realize that the shafts and hubs are different on the 44 vs 30.

thoughts comments suggestions?

Napalm90

It's cool, but I would just use the extra coin and purchase a dynatrac or rockjock...

Sent via carrier pigeon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Problem is that you'd still need to get tubes pressed/welded in, end forgings pressed/welded in and will want gussets installed not to mention will need all new internals and you'll still have the same short comings that a factory 44 has.

Top Bottom