Evo Tire Carrier

Heholua

A question for all of you that are runnig the Evo tire carrier. Let's say I'm not going bigger than 37x12.50 tires, is there enough room between the tire and tail gate to mount up some rotopax? If anyone has pictures or dimensions for that space, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny you should ask as I have been giving this a lot of thought lately too. And, to answer your question, I don't think so. What I will most likely be doing is looking for a way to attach the long 4 gal tank on the back where the license plate goes and then look for a way to attach the license plate to it. There are a few mounting options that look promising and, if I figure something out, I'll be sure to post it up. Having said that, I'm pretty sure EVO is working on something too. :yup:

sean.m.adams33

I don't have the EVO tire carrier (yet) but from the ones I have seen it does not look like you can put any roto's in between. I was also considering doing this but alas, I think I will have to figure out a different spot for the cans. But again, I could be wrong so I am hoping someone else will say yes and I will be able to do the same.

Heholua

Funny you should ask as I have been giving this a lot of thought lately too. And, to answer your question, I don't think so. What I will most likely be doing is looking for a way to attach the long 4 gal tank on the back where the license plate goes and then look for a way to attach the license plate to it. There are a few mounting options that look promising and, if I figure something out, I'll be sure to post it up. Having said that, I'm pretty sure EVO is working on something too. :yup:

I like your idea, I'm just not a fan of the gas cans being that exposed.;) There are a couple of manufactuers that have plates that mount to the tail gate that have mounting areas for the rotos.
http://http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/kor-bplate.htm
I didn't now how much space was there or now much adjustment you have with the Johnnny Joints.:beer: I look forward to seeing what you come up with.:D

Heholua

I don't have the EVO tire carrier (yet) but from the ones I have seen it does not look like you can put any roto's in between. I was also considering doing this but alas, I think I will have to figure out a different spot for the cans. But again, I could be wrong so I am hoping someone else will say yes and I will be able to do the same.

I think this would be the ticket:thumb:! Now we have to find a way to make it work!:beer:

Heholua

Possibly. I am sure you already have, but if not check out the ORFAB tire carrier. I just don't like that it isnt attached to the skins like the EVO.

I like the concept of the ORFAB, but hear it is a PIA to install. I prefer the overall design of the Evo as well.

sean.m.adams33

I like the concept of the ORFAB, but hear it is a PIA to install. I prefer the overall design of the Evo as well.

Idk about the install but I agree. I like the look of the EVO one as well. Hopefully they get the gas can thing worked out along with the backup lights.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I don't think you can get a rotopack behind it. I've looked and measured mine.

I have faith Evo will make something cool and easy for us.

Heholua

Idk about the install but I agree. I like the look of the EVO one as well. Hopefully they get the gas can thing worked out along with the backup lights.

They don't have back lights for the skins do they?:thinking:

I don't think you can get a rotopack behind it. I've looked and measured mine.

I have faith Evo will make something cool and easy for us.

I hope they do also. What do you use for reverse lights?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Don't have any reverse lights yet. Just wire up white lights and attach them to the frame below the tailgate. Easy and cheap solution.

sean.m.adams33

They don't have back lights for the skins do they?:thinking:

I hope they do also. What do you use for reverse lights?

No they don't but I know they are working on it. I have seen some LED's witht the backup light around it or inside the center. I was thinking of going that route. Or just mount some lights below the carrier.

Top Bottom