Replacement Locker

JKZA

Recently the rear locker on my 2012 Rubicon unlimited failed to engage, the front engages with no problem, but the light on the rear locker just keeps on flashing. I took it to the dealer, and they said the unit needs to be replaced, they informed me that the warranty claim was rejected by Chrysler because of the 2.5" Procomp lift and 285/70/17" tires It sounds more like an excuse that a reason...

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts besides Chrysler, or any other advice?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is just plain BS by your dealership and it makes me so made every time I hear it!! Unfortunately, there are no replacement parts that are sold and you would have to replace the entire unit to really fix it. But, having said that, if you're gonna spend the money to fix it, I personally would recommend getting an ARB locker instead.

badassbrass

Recently the rear locker on my 2012 Rubicon unlimited failed to engage, the front engages with no problem, but the light on the rear locker just keeps on flashing. I took it to the dealer, and they said the unit needs to be replaced, they informed me that the warranty claim was rejected by Chrysler because of the 2.5" Procomp lift and 285/70/17" tires It sounds more like an excuse that a reason...

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts besides Chrysler, or any other advice?

Go ARB!

From Québec

WOW! That is such BullSheeeez! The fact that these dealerships basically dont want to work on "moded" Jeeps (If you can even call a 2.5" lift and tires "moded") is ridiculous!!! You can drive a Ford or Chevy truck into a dealership with a 4" lift and 35"s and have a warranty issue and NOTHING is said, NOTHING!!!! What a joke! But that being said, yes an ARB would probably be your best bet!

FoxC

Take it to a different dealer.:naw: Thats horse shit with the lift excuse. My dealer installs all kinds of pro comp lifts on brand new, showroom floor jeeps all the time. I bet 15% of their current stock on the lot are sitting on 2.5" PC lifts. Find another dealer. If your set on upgrading, definitely go ARB.:yup:

kaptkrappy

I see that JKZA is in Cape Town, South Africa.

I wonder if that makes a difference on warranty work or aftermarket parts availability ???

DJCFHB

ARB for the win. That's why i pulled the lockers on my rubi while they were still functioning, save myself the headache of dealing with broken oem locker and put the money from selling them towards arb's.

JKZA

Thanks for the advice guys, but I’ve decided to give it one last go by writing to Chrysler’s local technical support manager, let’s see how it goes…

Thanks for the advice guys, but I’ve decided to give it one last go by writing to Chrysler’s local technical support manager, let’s see how it goes…

this may turn out to be a wise yet timely choice. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!

JKZA

this may turn out to be a wise yet timely choice. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!

Got a call from the dealer today "your warranty claim was approved by Chrysler, when can you bring the vehicle in for the replacement locker?" :clap2:

Looks like there is intelligent life out there (at Chrysler), you must just go and look for it...

bob-o12jk

Banned
That's good to hear. My rear locker went out too and I took it to my dealer covered in mud, 2.5" lift, after market diff covers on 37's and they replaced my whole carrier for free and also gave me a free rental for the 8 days it was at the dealership

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bacon

Got a call from the dealer today "your warranty claim was approved by Chrysler, when can you bring the vehicle in for the replacement locker?" :clap2:

Looks like there is intelligent life out there (at Chrysler), you must just go and look for it...

wow, that's awesome. glad to see it work out for you.

Top Bottom