HELP choosing King Shocks for a Teraflex Budget Boost

I am slowly starting my build on my 2013 Rubicon Unlimited. :clap2: I just ordered the Teraflex 2.5 Budget Boost without shocks or shock extenders. I am set on purchasing King Shocks from Offroadevolution.com. I'm going with the King 2.0 internal reservoir kit, front and rear. I have to choose a lift option. The BB is 2.5" and my lift options on the King Shocks are 0"-2" or 3"-5". I'm pretty sure the 0"-2" shock length would work but does anyone know if the 3"-5" would work or give too much axle droop? I plan on purchasing the EVO 4" Enforcer Kit down the road and if the 3"-5" works, I should be set with the EVO kit not needing shocks, RIGHT? or WRONG? :idontknow:
Thanks for your help. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am slowly starting my build on my 2013 Rubicon Unlimited. :clap2: I just ordered the Teraflex 2.5 Budget Boost without shocks or shock extenders. I am set on purchasing King Shocks from Offroadevolution.com. I'm going with the King 2.0 internal reservoir kit, front and rear. I have to choose a lift option. The BB is 2.5" and my lift options on the King Shocks are 0"-2" or 3"-5". I'm pretty sure the 0"-2" shock length would work but does anyone know if the 3"-5" would work or give too much axle droop? I plan on purchasing the EVO 4" Enforcer Kit down the road and if the 3"-5" works, I should be set with the EVO kit not needing shocks, RIGHT? or WRONG? :idontknow:
Thanks for your help. :thumb:

im pretty sure it will work. i would go with the 3-5

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 0-2" shock is essentially a stock length shock and, unless you address your front drive shaft, it's what you'll want as they'll help prevent it from getting damaged. If you go with the longer shocks, you will have too much droop AND you will most likely run the risk of bottoming out your shocks. But, if you want to know for sure, I would call Off Road Evolution.

The 0-2" shock is essentially a stock length shock and, unless you address your front drive shaft, it's what you'll want as they'll help prevent it from getting damaged. If you go with the longer shocks, you will have too much droop AND you will most likely run the risk of bottoming out your shocks. But, if you want to know for sure, I would call Off Road Evolution.

I will call and ask ORE. I will post professional recommendation from ORE. Thanks ;)

UPDATE: Spoke to ORE and they stated that the 0"-2" is the only way to go. I advised I was going with the Enforcer kit down the road and was hoping to get the 3"-5" shock so I'm ready for the Enforcer kit. They stated that even with basic on road handling, I run the risk of bottoming out the shock and damaging it. :thinking: What to do? Wait and purchase the enforcer kit with the shocks I want and just buy shock extenders and save up faster for the enforcer kit? Or buy the king shocks now and later on sell a BB kit with king shocks and order the enforcer kit with king shocks again? :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: Spoke to ORE and they stated that the 0"-2" is the only way to go. I advised I was going with the Enforcer kit down the road and was hoping to get the 3"-5" shock so I'm ready for the Enforcer kit. They stated that even with basic on road handling, I run the risk of bottoming out the shock and damaging it. :thinking: What to do? Wait and purchase the enforcer kit with the shocks I want and just buy shock extenders and save up faster for the enforcer kit? Or buy the king shocks now and later on sell a BB kit with king shocks and order the enforcer kit with king shocks again? :crazyeyes:

Yeah, had a feeling but, it's always good to confirm as much.

If it were me, I would do the later, just get the BB kit with extensions and save up for what you really want.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

in this case i would buy the extenders and wait and save for what you really want which is the enforcer with the kings :twocents:

I agree with the previous 2 posts, wait! There is enough stuff that you have to do more than once, no reason to add to that list!

Top Bottom