This is an odd question but....

JKU EXTREME

Okay, I love my JKU, but I love how easily you can take out the seat in the two door, so I was wondering.... Would it be at all possible to replace the fold-down seats in my JKU and replace them for a rear two door jk seat?
Just wondering, I don't even know if it would be possible, so thanks for reading and of course, feedback is much appreciated

My Jeep describes who I am as does everything I carry in it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Don't the seats fold down flat? What would you want to remove a seat for when you can just fold it down?

JKU EXTREME

Ya they fold down but they take up space that I can utilize, like I said it's an odd question, borderline stupid

My Jeep describes who I am as does everything I carry in it.

kaptkrappy

I understand what your getting at.

The problem with the 2 door rear seat is it uses 6 heavy steel bars/brackets recessed into the floor to mount on (see pic).

You would have to make those or find some other way to mount the 2 dr rear seat in the flat storage area in the back of you 4 door.

a little fab work and I think it could be done.

2dr Rear Seat Folded.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I understand what your getting at.

The problem with the 2 door rear seat is it uses 6 heavy steel bars/brackets recessed into the floor to mount on (see pic).

You would have to make those or find some other way to mount the 2 dr rear seat in the flat storage area in the back of you 4 door.

a little fab work and I think it could be done.

View attachment 34011

Just to be clear there is 4 of the footmans loops not 6. Two in the front of the seat and two in the rear of the seat.

Top Bottom