Rocker Guards vs. Rock Sliders

Renagade119

Hey so I'm looking around at some side armour for my 06 TJ, and I keep on seeing two different "styles" if you will, rocker guards and rock sliders. Would someone please explain to me what the difference is? One seems to bolt to the frame and the other screw onto the body.

jhires

Hey so I'm looking around at some side armour for my 06 TJ, and I keep on seeing two different "styles" if you will, rocker guards and rock sliders. Would someone please explain to me what the difference is? One seems to bolt to the frame and the other screw onto the body.

Sliders generally are attached to the frame and stick out from the body a bit. They are designed to hold the jeep away from anything that could smash into the rocker panel, but also can be used to litterally "slide" over rocks being able to hold the weight of the vehicle.

Rocker guards are designed to help negate impact should anything contact the jeep at that point, but not necessarily expected to be used as a slide point.

Good to have both. :)

Rob

Oh ok sweet thanks. I mostly want them just to be able to take the step off my Jeep and look cool :)

TJ's actually do ok with body mounted sliders as the tub is heavier continuous material and the Jeep is relatively light. JK's need frame mounted sliders if your going to wheel hard.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Think about long term too. If you happen to flip your jeep you won't be able to use the sliders to flip you back up. GCM2 used his EVO sliders to get him back on all 4's. with the body mounted sliders you can't do that. You have to use the frame.

Renagade119

Oh good thinking. I think I wanna build my TJ more as an overland/capable rig. So it can get me anywhere no matter on the path ahead so I guess that could justify either product.

Top Bottom