Lowering lift

Kdbray08JK

Ok so I bought a used jeep from my local jeep dealer last September and at the time of purchase I really like the way the jeep looked, it had a lift kit some nice Mickey Thompson tires and some wheels that I liked. After doing some research I believe it has a 6" Pro Comp LA lift. My question is can this lift be lowered down to about a 4" just by swapping coil springs? Or do I need to swap the entire lift?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370470103.808449.jpg

TheDuff

Well, assuming the arms are adjustable then it really depends on what size bump stops are on there and if the shock length is correct for possible shorter bump stops. What else is done? Driveshafts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kdbray08JK

Well, assuming the arms are adjustable then it really depends on what size bump stops are on there and if the shock length is correct for possible shorter bump stops. What else is done? Driveshafts?

I honestly have no idea. Would it help if I post pictures, I bought it just as it is.

jeeeep

Hooked
Ok so I bought a used jeep from my local jeep dealer last September and at the time of purchase I really like the way the jeep looked, it had a lift kit some nice Mickey Thompson tires and some wheels that I liked. After doing some research I believe it has a 6" Pro Comp LA lift. My question is can this lift be lowered down to about a 4" just by swapping coil springs? Or do I need to swap the entire lift?
View attachment 34051

If you have enough room for adjustment in the control arms maybe .
4WP sells ProComp, I'd take it to them and ask, they should be able to quickly let you know. Call and make an appointment and if they say you don't need one ask for one anyway and make sure you get the guys name. I can't tell you how many times I've gone over when they told me no appointment needed only to be told I need and appointment and then waste time waiting.

MurderedJK

Just out of curiosity, why are you wanting to go down to a 4in? From the looks of that ProComp, you will almost have to replace most of what that 6in kit came with. Have you contacted ProComp regarding?

Kdbray08JK

Just out of curiosity, why are you wanting to go down to a 4in? From the looks of that ProComp, you will almost have to replace most of what that 6in kit came with. Have you contacted ProComp regarding?

When I bought the jeep I liked the way it looked with the lift. But now I realize its way to much lift, with the dana 30 up front max tire size I would be going is 35, so I want to lower the lift some

Kdbray08JK

When I bought the jeep I liked the way it looked with the lift. But now I realize its way to much lift, with the dana 30 up front max tire size I would be going is 35, so I want to lower the lift some

TheDuff

I would personally look at doing a new kit, something like the evo enforcer. U can even get some cheaper shocks to bring down the cost considerably. Going to 4wp's is most likely gonna result in them trying to sell u another lift similar to that one and IMO will not preform any better, just my 2 cents

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No you still need the other things that were mentioned but you don't need a whole new lift. Who installed the lift? The dealer or 4wp?

Kdbray08JK

No you still need the other things that were mentioned but you don't need a whole new lift. Who installed the lift? The dealer or 4wp?

Oh ok, I have no idea, like I mentioned before I bought the jeep as is from the local dealership used, there is this signature logo on the shocks, I think it might have been done at this 4 wheel drive shop in hilmar, which is about 10 minutes from where I live

TheDuff

If the control arms are good, then get coils, shocks, and bump stops for 3" of lift from the companies of your choice. I would also make sure u currently don't have a drop pitman arm and if so would buy a drag link flip instead if u plan to wheel this rig.

dahreno

Banned
I love my 6" Pro Comp lift .
114-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom