Tire problems?

ATC_LV

I took my rig back into 4 Wheel Parts to check the alignment because I've been having steering issues. They said my 37" Nitto Trailgrapplers where the culprit. They said a lot of people have been reporting that it feels squirrely like driving on flat tired. I'd say that kinda describes my problem. Anybody else have any issues with Nittos or Toyos like this?

2013 JKUR, EVO enforcer lift, EVO draglink flip, 37" Nittos on 17" ATX slabs, aev rear bumper/tire carrier.

ATC_LV

I'm running 28 front and back.

2013 JKUR, EVO enforcer lift, EVO draglink flip, 37" Nittos on 17" ATX slabs, aev rear bumper/tire carrier.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I took my rig back into 4 Wheel Parts to check the alignment because I've been having steering issues. They said my 37" Nitto Trailgrapplers where the culprit. They said a lot of people have been reporting that it feels squirrely like driving on flat tired. I'd say that kinda describes my problem. Anybody else have any issues with Nittos or Toyos like this?

Honestly, not only have I never heard of anything so stupid, I have personally found most Nitto and Toyo tires to be the most well mannered tires you could ever hope to buy. More times than not, they don't even need to be balanced after installation. "Squirrely" as in at highway speeds you feel like you're all over the place? If so, you more than likely have too little positive caster and any good shop would know as much.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Honestly, not only have I never heard of anything so stupid, I have personally found most Nitto and Toyo tires to be the most well mannered tires you could ever hope to buy. More times than not, they don't even need to be balanced after installation. "Squirrely" as in at highway speeds you feel like you're all over the place? If so, you more than likely have too little positive caster and any good shop would know as much.
Good point, what's you caster set to?

ATC_LV

I'm not sure what my caster is at, but that's the main thing I asked them to check.

ATC_LV

I'll measure it this weekend and repost it here. Then I'll give 4 wheel parts a call and give them an ear full.

ATC_LV

Thanks. I usually do it myself but didn't have the room to do it at home.

jeeeep

Hooked
Honestly, it's because of incompetence like that I started to do all my own work. Doing your own front end alignment not only saves you money, it allows you to know that the job was done right. This write-up will help you out:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

same here, I've dealt with other shops and 4WP on other Jeeps and I just got tired of the issues, not anything they did and always more $$$ to fix it.

The JK I have now I read everything I could get my hands on before buying and installing my own lift, alignment etc.. haven't had an issue from day 1 and any issues that resulted after the trail I've been able to identify and repair. I did find a local shop that's really good, pricy but they know their stuff and use them for things beyond my skills. now I need to get a welder and practice...last time I welded anything was well...I won't age myself that much lol

BTW Thanks for the write-ups Eddie, they have helped a lot with the learning curve!

ATC_LV

Adjusted my caster. It off by a whole degree. Drives fine now. Thanks 4 Wheel Parts. 😡

Tackerdown

Banned
Adjusted my caster. It off by a whole degree. Drives fine now. Thanks 4 Wheel Parts. 😡

Ain't that just some shit.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Top Bottom