2012-13' Transmission Recall

bob-o12jk

Banned
Your welcome. I fixed this issue back in September by putting 2 short pieces of rubber hose on each line so they can't rub together

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

bob-o12jk

Banned
Looks like it's time to crawl underneath and take a quick look see. Thx!:yup:

You don't need to, I just took a pic. Its on the driver side front wheel well behind the splashguard(if you still have them lol)
I took some 3/8 hose and slit them down the middle, put one on each hose and I ziptied. Its been like this since the middle of September without any problems
1370529980779.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need to, I just took a pic. Its on the driver side front wheel well behind the splashguard(if you still have them lol)
I took some 3/8 hose and slit them down the middle, put one on each hose and I ziptied. Its been like this since the middle of September without any problems
View attachment 34120

Ah, thanks for posting that up, I was just about to go out and give this a look :D

View attachment 34120

THank you so much for posting that.:bowdown: the title scared me a lil when i read it. i printed the pic off and my guys are making the fix for me this weekend.:cool:

bob-o12jk

Banned
Ah, thanks for posting that up, I was just about to go out and give this a look :D

Your welcome Eddie! I figured you already knew about this and was planning a write up for it. New write-up idea?

Napalm90

Thanks for sharing, guess be bring my jeep back to dealer I bought it from for the first time lol

Sent via carrier pigeon

bob-o12jk

Banned
Good idea, they will most likely put some kind of guard on the lines to keep them from rubbing together

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Checked out the lines and there was some evidence of chafing. Slipped and zipped some 3/8 fuel line on the lines. We're good 'til the recall. Thx again!!:D

bob-o12jk

Banned
Checked out the lines and there was some evidence of chafing. Slipped and zipped some 3/8 fuel line on the lines. We're good 'til the recall. Thx again!!:D

That's awesome, good thing you checked it or it wouldn't have been long before you sprung a leak lol:D

mrmet1983

will be doing rubber hose fix asap !! love how jeep knows about this and is like ehh lets wait till july :doh:

Paisano

Inspected mine and the line was already half way rubbed thru with only 11,000 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom