Well, I found the leak...

JK'AJUN

Anyone else have a problem with their Jeep leaking like this during a storm? It's coming from under the passenger door, and it steady streams water onto the floor. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370574308.338703.jpg

badassbrass

I had a bit of mud in the upper groove of the plastic sleeves, will see if it will leak again. It was leaking right the jonction over the pillar in the back groove.

From Québec

mtnbiker995

Mine got to the point where now I've got my carpets pulled and run with my drain plugs out. But I've recently added some foam tape where water was coming thru up top and it seems to have helped

JK'AJUN

It would nice to have a non soaked floor, but at the same time I don't care cause it dries. My main concern is rust, and if being wet under the carpet so much will cause a problem with the floor and whatnot rusting. I live in Louisiana, so it's always raining at some point.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I have a 2010 JKU and have the same problem since day one. Be honest I haven't really worried about it. I take the carpet out on occasion and throw it in the dryer. The carpet comes out in 2 minutes. I figure it this way, I go through rivers, streams and have been caught in the rain with no doors or top on. It is a Jeep and the design of the removable top, (which makes it iconic) is not like a typical convertible car. On a Jeep you are removing the complete top, doors and the plastic frame door surrounds. So, I really don't no or have attempted to isolate the problem.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
did you check all your seald and the welting i think is what its called? there is a mopar writeup if you google it for where it comes in and shows what to check. I had problems with my oem top but not anymore after switching to a trektop.

JK'AJUN

I guess I'd have to check the seals. I had the '11 soft top that came on the jeep, and they replaced it with a new soft top. Still leaked. And then ended up trading for a hard top. My passenger seat is no longer getting wet from what I can tell. But the floor still gets soaked.

JK'AJUN

I take the carpet out on occasion and throw it in the dryer. The carpet comes out in 2 minutes.

How does it come out that easy? If that's the case, then I don't care if it gets wet. But I need to wash that carpet. It smells pretty damn funky now.

FrankenJeeper

My carpet just pulled out. Find and edge and start pulling lol. A very small section under the front two seats needs to be cut, mine had to be cut about 1/2", and it just comes right out. I removed my carpet and bedlined the inside 😃

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK'AJUN

My carpet just pulled out. Find and edge and start pulling lol. A very small section under the front two seats needs to be cut, mine had to be cut about 1/2", and it just comes right out. I removed my carpet and bedlined the inside 😃

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought about bed lining it, but I know how nasty looking the beds of my trucks started to get once I'd get mud and dirt in them from my quads.

MurderedJK

Same thing happens to mine in almost the exact same spot. I have tried everything from adjusting the door how it sits on the hinges to extra weather stripping.... Nothing has worked yet, so if you figure something out post it up!!! :thinking:

Top Bottom