Wheel Spacers

So I need a little extra room between my rear anti rock sway bar and my tire so i was looking at White Knight 5/16th thick wheel spacers at pep boys. I am already running a 9" wide rim with 4.5" backspacing but because of the rear bumper and sway bar sharing mounting locations it pushed out my sway bar arms a little. the sway bar arm to link bolt is what is rubbing, and it barely touches the tire so i dont need the huge 1.5" spacers like spidertrax offers. my axle is centered and it rubs both sides. the bolt is just coming thru the nut only a couple threads and cant be cut down anymore. Any help is appreciated. i have trips planned and need to fix this asap.
here are the spacers i am referring to.....
106021.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Don't use these! They will cause more stress on the lugs and will not be safe at all.

As for another solution the only thing I can think of is to get new wheels with 4.25 or 4 inch back spacing

Sent from my iPhone

Atch

Wheel spacers are perfectly fine as long as you install them correctly! As far as that particular brand I don't have a clue as far as their quality.

jeeeep

Hooked
what size tire are you running? Personally I would get hub centric spacers - those are made to fit so many sizes I wouldn't use them on my rig

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DO NOT Run these spacers!!
Spacers like these are very DANGEROUS and should never be used especially on a Jeep running big tires. The ONLY kind of wheel spacers you should ever run are high quality ones that bolt onto your axle first and then your wheels onto it - PERIOD.

DO NOT Run these spacers!!
Spacers like these are very DANGEROUS and should never be used especially on a Jeep running big tires. The ONLY kind of wheel spacers you should ever run are high quality ones that bolt onto your axle first and then your wheels onto it - PERIOD.

Sounds good, I just drove my jeep about 20 miles and hate the spacers and see why not to run cheap spacers. Thanks for the input!! Btw... Anyone selling good spacers? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok NOBODY RUN THESE SPACERS!!! I drove about 20 miles and all 4 wheels were wobbling so bad they looked as if they were going to fall off my jeep on the freeway, I ended up pulling off the road and taking them off on the spot to get home safely and return them right away!! I guess I am in the market tentatively for real spacers unless I find another fix for my issue... :/
At least I got to see my droop travel in action.... lmao
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370641302.878297.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370641325.322503.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370641351.405807.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370641386.922709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MurderedJK

Get yourself some Poison Spyder 1.5 Hub Centric spacers!. I Went with PSC because of the black color.

Attachments

• 971213_10200677831782405_2065382536_n.jpg
    971213_10200677831782405_2065382536_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 61

Devallee

Has anybody attempted to paint the blue spidertrax spacers black? Or any other color for that matter..I'm thinking about doing it but would that throw off the balance or anything? Will paint stick to it? :idontknow:

MurderedJK

Has anybody attempted to paint the blue spidertrax spacers black? Or any other color for that matter..I'm thinking about doing it but would that throw off the balance or anything? Will paint stick to it? :idontknow:

Since they are anodized aluminum, it would be extremely hard to get paint to stick. I have a buddy that painted his Spidertrax black (sand, prime and paint) and now they look horrible. :naw:

Devallee

Since they are anodized aluminum, it would be extremely hard to get paint to stick. I have a buddy that painted his Spidertrax black (sand, prime and paint) and now they look horrible. :naw:

That's what I figured..thanks! Maybe I'll just paint that little inner ring black since that's all you can really see with the wheels on and just touch it up whenever I change my brake pads or something

Top Bottom