2013 JKUR Gear Help

mrmet1983

i have a 2013 rubi unlimited automatic with 410 gears , i just ordered my evo enforcer and all the other goodies im getting 37s also now my ? is whats the best gear set for my rubi it is my DD but i offroad atleast 3-4 times a month. What do you guys recomend as the best gear size and will i need to upgrade my lockers and what brand of gears are a good with a fair price. Im in NY and have lots of hills and mountains to cross when i go upstate to the catskills if that makes a difference. :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think you should be good with the 4.10 and the 37's. in my opinion I would put them on then when your driving see how it feels. If it feels like its downshifting a lot then maybe look into gears. Prob 4.56 or 4.88's

Sent from my iPhone

bob-o12jk

Banned
On my 12' rubi I'm running 4.10s auto trans and 37's with no problems. I also have a procal to calibrate my tire size which will then change the shift points

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

The famous chart I love to reference View attachment 34229

Sent from my iPhone

thanks for the help guys i noticed that chart was just wondering who was running 410s with 37s and who had 456 or 488 and which they liked better. Im going to run it with stock 410s for a week or two and see how i like it. Im also going to get the procal flashcal and see how that works with stock 410s and 37s, if its not to bad ill keep it just affraid with all the hills and mountains in NY that it might kill my MPG :eek:

mrmet1983

On my 12' rubi I'm running 4.10s auto trans and 37's with no problems. I also have a procal to calibrate my tire size which will then change the shift points

how is ur MPG with 37s and 410 gears with the procal tune. and how does it ride at 70 on the highway.

bob-o12jk

Banned
how is ur MPG with 37s and 410 gears with the procal tune. and how does it ride at 70 on the highway.

Well lately since I made my custom exhaust for like $50 I have been averaging 15.5mpgs to the tank, city/highway combined. My last tank got me 298 miles on the odometer.

70? Who drives that speed with the new 3.6
I took this pic while running late to a run. I'm pretty sure I was in 4th or maybe 3rd when I took this passing a few semi's . I have taken it to 100mph numerous times without any problems......with the jeep or even the long arm of the law lol:cool:
1370619365331.jpg

mrmet1983

Well lately since I made my custom exhaust for like $50 I have been averaging 15.5mpgs to the tank, city/highway combined. My last tank got me 298 miles on the odometer.

70? Who drives that speed with the new 3.6
I took this pic while running late to a run. I'm pretty sure I was in 4th or maybe 3rd when I took this passing a few semi's . I have taken it to 100mph numerous times without any problems......with the jeep or even the long arm of the law lol:cool:
View attachment 34230

haha can you say dangerous :rock: taking a pic while passing a semi at 90MPH :clap2: i guess ill have to just put the tires on when i get them and see how she drives

mrmet1983

im still wondering if i do regear do i need to replace my stock lockers or will they be ok for time being

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If your not going to regear I'm sure they will work fine. If you regear tho I wouldn't know. One of the seasoned vets here would know for certain

Sent from my iPhone

mrmet1983

Have you done any upgrades to your front axle , I ordered gussets and will be installing them with the lift I'm wondering if my axle shafts will hold up or should I wait till the break and get new ones then. What tires are you running also ? I'm looking at toyovopen country mt but the 37 I can only find in 13.50 not 12.50 will that extra inch make s huge difference in the strain on the front end? If it does I will go with nitto terra grapplers in 12.50.

bob-o12jk

Banned
Have you done any upgrades to your front axle , I ordered gussets and will be installing them with the lift I'm wondering if my axle shafts will hold up or should I wait till the break and get new ones then. What tires are you running also ? I'm looking at toyovopen country mt but the 37 I can only find in 13.50 not 12.50 will that extra inch make s huge difference in the strain on the front end? If it does I will go with nitto terra grapplers in 12.50.

I installed evo sleeves and gussets, I wish I didn't install the sleeves tho cuz now I cannot purchase arb lockers and new 35 spline axle shafts. So I ended up getting rcv's cuz I had a horrible experience with 2 different sets of ten factory that were in such horrible condition that I didnt even want to install them so I sent them both sets back and got rcv's. I was running my 37'' km2's which run small and are way light than yogis but I didn't break my stock shafts so I keep them for spares.
Whats the width of the wheels you plan on running. If u want to stay with a 12.50 tire, you should get the trail grapplers. Damn good off and on road performance and they are pretty quiet too

mrmet1983

I want to stay at 12.50 and I plan on doing new axle shafts if mine break than I will upgrade. I think I'm going to go with the nitto TGs Toyos are going to weight to much and I don't want to go down to 35s

Sent from my JK

bob-o12jk

Banned
The nitto TG seem to be around 350 per the Toyos are only 318 but I don't want 13.50s

Sent from my JK

$350? For 37's? :eek:
Where where where. I priced them out at discount tire and they were 399.
I really don't think the weight is much of the problem, its the size, the bigger the more leverage they have to mess things up.

mrmet1983

I'm just curious if my stock front 44 will hold up with just gussets and 37s for the time being I don't wheel crazy hard but I do like to get a little silly sometimes

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

Tiresdirect.net has the Toyo open country mt for 318$ each bit they are 13.50 and I'm afraid that's to much for my stock 44 with gussets

Sent from my JK

Top Bottom