Zerk Fitting Count on JE Reel 1350 Drive Shaft?

Charlie Mike

Hi Friends

I recently got my first set (and hopefully my last set) of JE Reel 1350 drive shafts, front and rear. I started looking into general maintenance on these guys, so I went to Harbor Freight got a grease gun, and picked up some Mobile 1 grease from Autozone.

I want to make sure I hit all the zerk fittings when I grease this baby up, so how many zerk fittings are there on each drive shafts? I count 4. 3 for the U-Joints, and 1 on the slip yoke. Is that correct? Want to make sure I'm not missing any. Maybe a sneaky needle zerk fitting hiding somewhere?

IDO

I am not 100% sure, but you should have 5 zerk fittings. 3 for the U-joints, one for the slip yoke and one for the central joint in the double cardan assy.

Charlie Mike

I am not 100% sure, but you should have 5 zerk fittings. 3 for the U-joints, one for the slip yoke and one for the central joint in the double cardan assy.

Thanks IDO.

I greased up the zerk fittings on my drive shafts for the first time yesterday night. But for the life of me, I can't seem to find the 5th zerk fitting on the front drive shaft on the central joint in the head assembly. Found it on the rear drive shaft super easy, but I cant seem to find it one the front drive shaft. Is there really one there? Or am I just not looking hard enough? Anyone know? :idontknow:

dchew

Caught the Bug
I just did this Sunday and couldn't find the front either! I was going to call them this week.

Dave

Top Bottom