EVO rear corner installation

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just wondering if anyone is going to do an install anytime soon can do a step by step photo install thread. I really want these corners, but have heard that the install is not as straight forward as others because the corners are not 100% flush with the body. I have read that they require a lot of massaging, clamping, etc. Unfortunately, I can't have ORE do the install, so I have to see if this is something I can tackle. Thanks guys!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just wondering if anyone is going to do an install anytime soon can do a step by step photo install thread. I really want these corners, but have heard that the install is not as straight forward as others because the corners are not 100% flush with the body. I have read that they require a lot of massaging, clamping, etc. Unfortunately, I can't have ORE do the install, so I have to see if this is something I can tackle. Thanks guys!

You have to make the skin for the JK. A simple ratchet strap from the door latch to the tailgate latch will achieve this.

That being said, not every home I installer has the skills to do this correctly.

👍

bob-o12jk

Banned
Ya the ratchet straps were my best friends the day I installed mine
1370628979146.jpg

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

biggy

You have to make the skin for the JK. A simple ratchet strap from the door latch to the tailgate latch will achieve this.

That being said, not every home I installer has the skills to do this correctly.

One ratchet strap at the points mentioned and a c clamp through the tail light hole is how I did it. Its really not that difficult as I was able to do it by myself . Just take your time and be patient.

CRAZYCASEY

It's not that difficult. I used a ratchet strap and a couple of clamps to make sure it did not move when I broke out the drill. I was covering some existing damage so it did not come out perfect but still one of my favorite mods!

Attachments

• image-3827442878.jpg
    image-3827442878.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 136
  • image-387773128.jpg
    image-387773128.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom