37s on a D44 ?

mrmet1983

I have seen many threads about this so i figured one more wont hurt ;-) I have a stock D44 that ill be putting gussets on. My ? Is will 37x13.50 Toyos be way to much tire for that or should I go with Nitto TG 37x12.50 ? I will eventually upgrade my axle shafts but for now which will cause less stress or is it not a big difference? I will be re gearing eventually also. I have stock 410s right now and I have a 1350 DS and Evo enforcer 4" kit on the way.

Sent from my JK

It all depends on you and how you wheel it. Everyone is different, I have stock 4.10's with a 6 speed. 37's with steel allied bead locks, I know it is a ticking time bomb. I have evo gussets.
They could last you for a long time, Or not very long.

mrmet1983

It all depends on you and how you wheel it. Everyone is different, I have stock 4.10's with a 6 speed. 37's with steel allied bead locks, I know it is a ticking time bomb. I have evo gussets.
They could last you for a long time, Or not very long.

I don't wheel crazy hard and always check my lines just want to be safe till I regear and put in cromolys

Sent from my JK

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I run toyo 37"s on stock D 44 and I wheel it extremely hard. I have run some of the hardest trails. Just be prepared to fix whatever breaks wherever u are. I plan to upgrade to Dynatracs before too long but I take my rig anywhere the opportunity presents itself!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Just make sure you gusset the C's at a minimum!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mrmet1983

Haha I want everyone to chime in lol I'd really like to find someone running 37x13.50 Toyos like I want to get and see how they are holdin up with just a D44 and gussets

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

Just did now I'm in the car at the moment but from what he says I think I'm going with the Toyos and when stuff breaks it just means more upgrades

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

Thanks guys I'm just making sure I can wheel it easy till I'm ready for new axel shafts and ball joints

Sent from my JK

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The Toyo's weigh 92 pounds each and the nittos are right around the same. In the grand scheme of things the couple pounds will not make a difference.

JKbrick

You could install sleeves while you are under there with a welder, I did 2 weeks ago and it was really easy

mrmet1983

thanks a lot guys im going to man up and get the fat ass toyos the price is just to good. I really dont want to do sleeves i think ill go the cromoly way instead of sleeves and see what happens down the line. I dont fliy over rocks so im not that worried im more of a crawler than a speed nut so i think i will be safe. what kind of steel or alloy rims do you guys run. I want a cheap set until i get my atx beadlocks :rock:

mrmet1983

Also who makes quality gears i see lots of different companys i think im going to go with 4.88 and i can put them in myself just wondering what company you guys like to run and same thing for axle shafts shoul di save for rcv or will a reg set of spicers work good too.

Beyrgut

For gears, there is a thread here somewhere discussing how they are made by same factory and any of the common brands will do.

Top Bottom