PDA

View Full Version : 2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

Pages : [1] 2 3

13JKUR
06-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Well I'm almost to the ordering stage. Here is what I got on my build list so far.

Evo enforcer kit with draglink flip kit
Bilstein 5100 shocks
Warn VR winch
Vacuum pump relocation kit
Ace rock sliders
Coast front driveshaft
Evo C gusset kit
Rock hard sport cage
ARB compact air compressor with ARB pump up kit, inflator with braided hose and evo mount kit for jk
Nitto 37" trail grappler tires
Sector shaft brace
And still deciding on wheels.
I'm chopping my factory fenders
Stubby my factory front bumper and mounting the winch behind the factory front bumper

I have just under 3 months to complete but should be a lot of fun!

Here is my stock pic as it sits today

MTG
06-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Nice! :thumb:

You didn't ask for advice, but that never stopped me before. :cheesy:

I'd skip the ACE sliders and get something a little more...ahem...robust (EVO or LOD if you need a step).

Good luck!

13JKUR
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Nice! :thumb:

You didn't ask for advice, but that never stopped me before. :cheesy:

I'd skip the ACE sliders and get something a little more...ahem...robust (EVO or LOD if you need a step).

Good luck!

I did actually ask for advice, it just wasn't on the forum :) I've been talking to Sean at northridge the last few days. I actually had him price out the evo sliders for me and I might go that route. I know the ace sliders aren't the greatest for strength, it'll be a couple weeks before I put in the order and I'm sure I will change my mind on the ace sliders :). Do you have any advice :) I'm definitely open to input.

MTG
06-07-2013, 08:07 PM
I did actually ask for advice, it just wasn't on the forum :) I've been talking to Sean at northridge the last few days. I actually had him price out the evo sliders for me and I might go that route. I know the ace sliders aren't the greatest for strength, it'll be a couple weeks before I put in the order and I'm sure I will change my mind on the ace sliders :). Do you have any advice :) I'm definitely open to input.

I had the ACE sliders and now have the EVO ones. The ACE sliders are lower, stick out farther and flex into the jeep. Depending on the type of wheeling you do on JKX you may be fine. But you don't know and for something that could take quite a beating I'd go with EVO.

Not sure if you have it already, but if not, you should probably get some armor underneath your jeep too. :yup:

Sector shaft brace is probably not needed. :idontknow: At least that is what I've read/heard. :cheesy:

Beyrgut
06-07-2013, 08:08 PM
About those ACE sliders, are we talking the bolt-on or weld-ons. I can see the bolt-ons being an issue but the welded ones I would think should hold up well or are they made with a lower grade or thinner steel? I haven't picked mine out yet and the EVO, LOD, and ACE (weld) mentioned are all in the final running.

Back on topic, nice build you have planned and can't wait to see the progression pics.

piginajeep
06-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Nice build, the sector shaft brace is designed for the drop pitman a set up. You do not need it with the drag link flip.

piginajeep
06-07-2013, 08:11 PM
About those ACE sliders, are we talking the bolt-on or weld-ons. I can see the bolt-ons being an issue but the welded ones I would think should hold up well or are they made with a lower grade or thinner steel? I haven't picked mine out yet and the EVO, LOD, and ACE (weld) mentioned are all in the final running.

Back on topic, nice build you have planned and can't wait to see the progression pics.

ACE uses mild steel, EVO MFG uses DOM (stronger)

13JKUR
06-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Nice build, the sector shaft brace is designed for the drop pitman a set up. You do not need it with the drag link flip.

Thanks chris, I wasn't sure about it so I figured better safe then sorry. Frees up some moola for other things.

OverlanderJK
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I would go EVO sliders since it is EVO that is doing the event. And they are way stronger.

MTG
06-07-2013, 08:15 PM

I had the bolt on ones. I can't speak to the grade of steel. But even if the weld on ones will not flex into the body, if they are mounted in the same location they still stick out further and are lower than the EVO sliders. Neither of which I found very helpful on the trail. :grayno: At least not on the rocks we have out here.

Oh and I have nothing against ACE, I thought they were great to deal with, I just think EVO makes a superior product. :yup:

flotto
06-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I just installed the LOD sliders on mine last night and love them. I can't weld so that was why I went with them over EVO. Ordered them from Northridge and was told 3 weeks and they were at my door a week later. Either way you'll be happy.

Atch
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Don't forget about how you're going to carry your spare 37. Also I'd highly recommend getting an oil pan skid as there is nothing protecting such a vital area.

13JKUR
06-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Don't forget about how you're going to carry your spare 37. Also I'd highly recommend getting an oil pan skid as there is nothing protecting such a vital area.

I actually plan on running no spare on the back of the rig for now. I will just take out the backseat for the JKX and have my spare inside the vehicle

hotdogging
06-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I didn't see on the list chromolly axle shafts. Might be something to look into. Looks like a good build :thumb:

StrizzyChris
06-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I just installed the LOD sliders on mine last night and love them. I can't weld so that was why I went with them over EVO. Ordered them from Northridge and was told 3 weeks and they were at my door a week later. Either way you'll be happy.

I have LOD sliders as well. But do not expect fast shipment from them or EVO. Great products, and great companies, but plan ahead for the expected 3+ week wait

bmorgan0911
06-09-2013, 01:54 AM
I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I'm in the same stages as you with my 08 jk.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
bmorgan0911

13JKUR
06-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Just placed my first order through northridge with all my main components minus my winch. Btw Sean has helped me out tremendously and has really taken care of me on this. Here is what that order

Evo enforcer 4" lift
Bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear
Vacuum pump relocation kit
Coast front driveshaft
Evo C gusset kit
Rock hard sport cage with rear support bars
Arb compact air compressor with under hood mount kit from evo and inflator
Evo four door sliders
And flip up license plate bracket for winch fairlead
Draglink flip kit

I'm excited to finally get moving on this. Tires and rims will be in a couple weeks, I'm doing Nitto 37" trail grapplers and ultra 198B 17x9 wheels (picture below)

I also installed my rock lights this past weekend just because you never know what the jk experience has in store.

paychex.308
06-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Very Nice! Looks like you should be ready to go come JKX time...

TrailRidden
06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
sounds like a sturdy build! As otehrs said, LOD sliders take a while to ship. Got mine in a little over 3.5 weeks. Worth the wait in my opinion. Either EVO or LOD, cant go wrong. :beer:

bl17z90
06-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, evo sliders are on backorder right now i ordered mine on June 6th and they said it would be around 4 weeks so I'm expecting them mid next week or possibly the week after that.

I got my gussets in about 2 weeks and i just ordered my front control arm skids today from northridge and im not sure when to expect them.

bdmckenna
06-25-2013, 02:42 AM

Before you pull the trigger on Northridge call Trail Jeeps in Boulder, CO and compare pricing. You might be surprised.

13JKUR
06-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Too late.

First batch of parts starting to come in

UpsideUp
06-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Being new to the forum and full of questions...I was curious has to how you picked those parts to install first? Although I wish I had unlimited financial resources, I like most people work on a budget. And from starting from scratch I was curious as to what you felt was the most important improvements? I would love to build a capable wheeler/ daily driver but am only able to fork out the $200-$500 a month for upgrades.
Im sure there are other posts here on such topics, I just stumbled across yours first. lol
It looks like you have a great build going on and envious of the garage full of parts. Cant wait to follow the progress. Cheers!

13JKUR
06-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Being new to the forum and full of questions...I was curious has to how you picked those parts to install first? Although I wish I had unlimited financial resources, I like most people work on a budget. And from starting from scratch I was curious as to what you felt was the most important improvements? I would love to build a capable wheeler/ daily driver but am only able to fork out the $200-$500 a month for upgrades.
Im sure there are other posts here on such topics, I just stumbled across yours first. lol
It looks like you have a great build going on and envious of the garage full of parts. Cant wait to follow the progress. Cheers!

Honestly I'm doing a build based on the JKX requirements so my build is based on that then adding a couple of other things such as arb compressor, rock sliders and new front driveshaft. If it was me personally (depending on the wheeling you do) I would start with a lift and tires first then build off that. However, I went to Moab in may with my stock rubicon and was able to do alot just with that alone. If I were to do it again (Moab with a stock rig) I would add some armor underneath and maybe a winch but the stock rubicon is very capable.

UpsideUp
06-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. I know I opened a can of worms with that question and there are a million different opinions on where to start. I have been looking at lift/wheels upgrades and have been saving the pennies, but as soon as I have a few hundred dollars I'm quick to try and fit something that seperates it from all the other pavement queens and grocery getters around these parts. LoL
I figure most off my off roading will be the trails I have seen Wayoflife running in recent picture diaries. Mild to moderate in difficulty, stream crossings, and hopefully dentfree rock crawling with some great views, fishing, friends, and beers thrown in.
So an extreme crawlers isn't on the menu but a tough, well built Jeep that makes my Toyota friends jealous is. :beer:

13JKUR
07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
2 deliveries today, sport cage and hi lift

Just waiting on my switch panel with switches, stubby bumper caps, enforcer lift and evo sliders. Tires and rims are on order then it's time to start the installing!

13JKUR
07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Picture of hi lift

13JKUR
07-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Sport cage all primed and ready to be sprayed

13JKUR
07-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Top and first coat of bed liner spray complete.

13JKUR
07-04-2013, 03:28 AM
Detail picture of the bed liner spray.

13JKUR
07-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Small things came today. Daystar switch panel and hi lift jack isolator.

13JKUR
07-07-2013, 05:00 AM
2 weeks from Monday we start the install with my lift, sport cage, chopping fenders, etc etc etc. for now I'm stuck doing small things like this lol

13JKUR
07-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Tires and wheels came in today :)

TooTall
07-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Good lookin wheel/tire combo. What's the brand of wheels?

13JKUR
07-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Well I'm glad you asked because I just realized they were supposed to be these which are American outlaw buckshot.

However I don't know now what these are. I haven't seen them in person yet, the guy at discount tire just sent me that pic.

13JKUR
07-16-2013, 12:15 AM
The ones I received are the American outlaw scorpion

Jkzinger
07-16-2013, 12:28 AM
2 weeks from Monday we start the install with my lift, sport cage, chopping fenders, etc etc etc. for now I'm stuck doing small things like this lol

check out your window washer as it usually hits the jack in that position!

13JKUR
07-16-2013, 12:28 AM
check out your window washer as it usually hits the jack in that position!

Yep it does. Is there a way around it? I was under the assumption there is no way around that

TooTall
07-16-2013, 02:11 AM
The ones I received are the American outlaw scorpion

Whoops!😳...

AllAmericanInfidel
07-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Looking good! I cant wait to see the finished product!!

TheRoyalDoyle
07-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Small things came today. Daystar switch panel and hi lift jack isolator.

How was the install on the daystart panel?

The build is looking good!

13JKUR
07-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Haven't even gotten that far yet. I have to rerun some wires for the rock hard cage. Doing everything next Monday.

kyleolson
07-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Yep it does. Is there a way around it? I was under the assumption there is no way around that

There is a relocation nick... I am ordering one for mine. 22 bucks at quadratec. Hey and jkzinger is the bad a$$ guy I went with on the rubicon with last week. Heheheh.

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Got some gifts from brown Santa this week

Also got my enforcer lift. Build officially begins Monday!

GCM 2
07-19-2013, 06:19 AM

Great purchase here! You are really going to enjoy how much abuse these sliders can take, do not be afraid to drive these bad boys into rocks :thumb:

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Great purchase here! You are really going to enjoy how much abuse these sliders can take, do not be afraid to drive these bad boys into rocks :thumb:

Thanks! The only thing I'm a little worried about is I had them angle them out so I can use them as a step also. So as far as them sticking out and possibly getting hung up.

bl17z90
07-19-2013, 02:29 PM
how long ago did you order them? I ordered mine the exact same way back in early June and they are apparently shipping this week? Jake at Offroad Evolution told me they were backordered so I am not too worried, just curious.

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 02:31 PM
I ordered mine late June so I'm sure yours are on their way.

bl17z90
07-19-2013, 03:03 PM
hmm thats odd, I had mine powdercoated by them too so maybe that could be part of the problem.

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah that could be. I obviously got mine bare steel.

cozdude
07-19-2013, 03:06 PM
hmm thats odd, I had mine powdercoated by them too so maybe that could be part of the problem.

it probably is. mine is "being shipped" by the end of this week as well ( what EVO MFG said when i called them). had mine powder coated as well. im sure we will get it some point next week if thats the case. i dont mind waiting for quality products :yup:

bl17z90
07-19-2013, 03:10 PM
yeah same here, I'm kicking myself for ordering them powdercoated after everything i have been reading about just rattle canning the past couple weeks :doh:

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
yeah same here, I'm kicking myself for ordering them powdercoated after everything i have been reading about just rattle canning the past couple weeks :doh:

I actually tried to order mine powder coated but they said its no longer available when I placed the order but I'm glad I didn't get them done. Doing the bed line spray is easy and turns out nice. That's actually what I'm doing today so ill post up some pics when done. But here is a picture of my rock hard cage that I spray bed lined.

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Sliders done

cozdude
07-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Sliders done

damn looks awesome! im so pumped for mine to come in

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks! They are pretty awesome sliders

13JKUR
07-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Bedliner spray rocks!

Spartan
07-20-2013, 01:21 AM
What kind of bed liner did you use? I use plasti kote bedliner. Been happy with is so far.

13JKUR
07-20-2013, 04:34 PM
What kind of bed liner did you use? I use plasti kote bedliner. Been happy with is so far.

I believe it was rust o leum. Got it at Menards.

jkmadness
07-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Wow,I might give that spray paint a shot, I have an aluminum rod holder that i'm planning on bolting on to my winch fairlead so i can hit the beach here and there.
Nice build :thumb:

seanb123
07-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Don't know if you figured out the hi lift but mine is facing the opposite way aka Handel toward the bumper and not hit when spaying give that a try but it might just be mines higher too

13JKUR
07-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Don't know if you figured out the hi lift but mine is facing the opposite way aka Handel toward the bumper and not hit when spaying give that a try but it might just be mines higher too

I actually tried to flip it over but you won't be able to open the hood without the hi lift hitting. Oh well it hasn't bothered me that much yet :)

13JKUR
07-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow,I might give that spray paint a shot, I have an aluminum rod holder that i'm planning on bolting on to my winch fairlead so i can hit the beach here and there.
Nice build :thumb:

Thanks! That stuff works really well!

seanb123
07-21-2013, 02:26 PM
I actually tried to flip it over but you won't be able to open the hood without the hi lift hitting. Oh well it hasn't bothered me that much yet :)

Yeah I had that problem to I just put a tshirt or towel in between them so they don't scratch the paint but if doesn't bother you well hell keep it that way and keep this build going

13JKUR
07-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah I had that problem to I just put a tshirt or towel in between them so they don't scratch the paint but if doesn't bother you well hell keep it that way and keep this build going

Thanks. Everything begins tomorrow morning! I will be posting lots of pictures

MAMUT
07-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Thanks. Everything begins tomorrow morning! I will be posting lots of pictures

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the rock hard sport cage install. How easy it is to install, and how well it fits in ?

Standing-by for your pictures and comments. :-)

DanMojo82
07-22-2013, 11:29 PM
For the hi-lift jack blocking the windshield wash spray nozzle you could try using a few washers either between the hood and mount or the hi-lift and mount. Might be able to give you the added height you need to get the spray clear. :idontknow: And if you ever need an extra set of hands, I can come give you a hand, you're not all that far from me. :beer:

13JKUR
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Got a good amount done. Here is my jeep now lifted 4" and tires and wheels done.

We got the side bars, dash bar and the upper bar installed for the sport cage. The draglink flip kit installed, my bumper stubbied and daystar dash panel installed. Everything went in fine, except for running to stores to pick up drill bits I thought we had and other misc things. The dash panel was a little pain, the clips don't want to seem to clip in so we improvised :). The sport cage was tougher than I thought to install, I would recommend anyone doing this to NOT use bedline spray and powdercoat it due to I think I lost space on the clamps with the texture. I have some touch ups to do on the cage from scratching some of it up.

Drilling out the knuckle for the flip kit

Sport cage, not the greatest welds but good product

Lifted pre 37's

Still have to get my winch installed, chop my fenders, finish up the sport cage, Retorque bolts after 500 miles and misc things.

StrizzyChris
07-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Get it boy! Lookin great! :thumb:

sean.m.adams33
07-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Jeep is looking good!!

13JKUR
07-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Get it boy! Lookin great! :thumb:

Thank! Who could forget my appointment to get my evo sliders welded on next week also 👍

GCM 2
07-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Don't worry about the Rockhard sport cage, everyone's welds look just like yours. It's a decent product, but has always come with pretty rough looking beads. The jeep is is really coming together nicely :thumb: The Nitto's are always a welcome edition ;) they will not let you down either. Last year, not one failure on the JKX or the Ultimate Adventure!

Edit: just carry that torque wrench with you, cheap insurance!

13JKUR
07-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Don't worry about the Rockhard sport cage, everyone's welds look just like yours. It's a decent product, but has always come with pretty rough looking beads. The jeep is is really coming together nicely :thumb: The Nitto's are always a welcome edition ;) they will not let you down either. Last year, not one failure on the JKX or the Ultimate Adventure!

Thanks Greg! I like the product so far it seems well built. I'm loving the nittos! I was really surprised how quiet they are also, I didn't notice much of a difference from my stock 32's. btw, is your schedule freeing up yet for the JKX?!

GCM 2
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks Greg! I like the product so far it seems well built. I'm loving the nittos! I was really surprised how quiet they are also, I didn't notice much of a difference from my stock 32's. btw, is your schedule freeing up yet for the JKX?!

You know my schedule actually was about to allow me to get home in time to support you guys doing the event. The work that I'm doing for Uncle Sam.....well the contract was awarded to another company so basically I was going to get to do the JKX because I was jobless. Talk about bitter sweet:icon_crazy: but I just got word today, my contract was extended until further notice. Bad news, I miss the JKX......Good news, my family gets to have a home and eat real food under a roof.

Edit: trust me, I am still gaming this whole scenario to keep a paycheck, home, family that is fed and do the JKX. I am working some angles ;)

13JKUR
07-24-2013, 07:24 PM
You know my schedule actually was about to allow me to get home in time to support you guys doing the event. The work that I'm doing for Uncle Sam.....well the contract was awarded to another company so basically I was going to get to do the JKX because I was jobless. Talk about bitter sweet:icon_crazy: but I just got word today, my contract was extended until further notice. Bad news, I miss the JKX......Good news, my family gets to have a home and eat real food under a roof.

Haha well that is good news for you and the family. Sucks you can't join us, hopefully some other time!

13JKUR
07-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Winch came yesterday so I should be able to get that done this weekend. I also ordered the superchips flashcal today to get everything calibrated correctly. I "should" be done ordering items except for small things like spill kit etc etc. I get my evo sliders and my c gussets welded up next week.

13JKUR
07-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Here's a picture of the flipped and modified winch plate

13JKUR
07-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Finished winch install. Still have to wire it and mount the control box somewhere.

JKbrick
07-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Did you document how you did the winch? I really like that look, that's nice

joelbarras20
07-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Starting to come together and lookin good!!:thumb:

13JKUR
07-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Did you document how you did the winch? I really like that look, that's nice

I wish I did but I was getting frustrated with the constant taking off, trim, put on, take off, trim, put and repeat probably 10 times lol. It was kind of a pain to do, it was really not too difficult just very time consuming and a very tight fit. I can try and help you if your looking at doing it, but honestly after doing it I should've just bought an aftermarket bumper lol. But thank you, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

13JKUR
07-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Starting to come together and lookin good!!:thumb:

Thanks!! Not much left to do and ill be ready to go!

joelbarras20
07-29-2013, 02:36 AM
That's awesome me and the wife hope to get to go 1 year

13JKUR
07-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Dropped the jeep off this morning to get my c gussets welded and to get my evo sliders welded up :)

13JKUR
07-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Got my fenders cut this weekend also, I still have some cleaning up of the bumper though around the fair lead so disregard that :)

StrizzyChris
07-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Here's a picture of the flipped and modified winch plate

Finished winch install. Still have to wire it and mount the control box somewhere.

I was telling another member about this mod to keep the build super clean and stockish looking and saving some money. Great job! :thumb:

13JKUR
07-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks! I really like the look of it but man it was a pain in the ass to do. I can even still install my license plate over using the factory holes and the winch is completely hidden. Except I still haven't mounted my control box which might be on top of the winch plate.

Atch
07-31-2013, 11:42 PM
So where is the engage/disengage switch located for the winch? If your switch is on the control box you need to think about accessibility if you're in a situation where you will need someone to pull line for you without having to climb all over the jeep to get to it.

13JKUR
07-31-2013, 11:45 PM
So where is the engage/disengage switch located for the winch? If your switch is on the control box you need to think about accessibility if you're in a situation where you will need someone to pull line for you without having to climb all over the jeep to get to it.

The clutch engage/disengage is if you would basically put your hand straight down at the bottom of the bumper right by the passenger fog light it's there. Easy to get to and easy to rotate the handle. The control box will be on top of the bumper most likely.

StrizzyChris
08-01-2013, 12:02 AM
The clutch engage/disengage is if you would basically put your hand straight down at the bottom of the bumper right by the passenger fog light it's there. Easy to get to and easy to rotate the handle. The control box will be on top of the bumper most likely.

Could mount it inside the engine bay to complete the stealth look. Wouldn't be too hard and well worth it IMHO

13JKUR
08-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Could mount it inside the engine bay to complete the stealth look. Wouldn't be too hard and well worth it IMHO

I did definitely think of that. I'm running out of room in there that would be convenient to get at though lol. For time sake Ill do the easy mount for now and work on relocating later.

Mikes Offroad
08-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Got my fenders cut this weekend also, I still have some cleaning up of the bumper though around the fair lead so disregard that :)

Thats a real nice look, very steathy. Have fun on the JKX it is a blast, and a great group of guys.

13JKUR
08-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Thats a real nice look, very steathy. Have fun on the JKX it is a blast, and a great group of guys.

Thank you very much. And I have no doubt, I'm sure a trip of a lifetime.

13JKUR
08-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Just got this picture from my wife :) she picked up the jeep from having sliders and c gussets installed

piginajeep
08-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Nice build, see you at JKX

BigBoy
08-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Those fenders look great. I don't really like the botched look when the entire front is cut off. Keep up the good work!

13JKUR
08-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Those fenders look great. I don't really like the botched look when the entire front is cut off. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!!

13JKUR
08-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Cut my rear fenders today, bedlined the inner fenders and put door trim on.

Rccrwlr
08-10-2013, 06:06 AM

Looking at the warn series of winches. Looks like you installed a vr from your parts list. How much room was left between the frame rails? Looking at a zeon with the relocation kit for the solenoid but there is a 4" diff in the width.

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

13JKUR
08-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Looking at the warn series of winches. Looks like you installed a vr from your parts list. How much room was left between the frame rails? Looking at a zeon with the relocation kit for the solenoid but there is a 4" diff in the width.

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Actually I got a quadratec q9000 but I got the one without the I integrated solenoid so I could mount the control box somewhere else. I don't think a zeon would fit however. The quadratec winch is 22" wide. Here is a pic of the winch mounted.

13JKUR
08-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Pics

4" on the passenger side

Only 1" on the driver side

pastorwug
08-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Just got this picture from my wife :) she picked up the jeep from having sliders and c gussets installed

Man those are beefy! Makes me think about swapping out my stock Rubi sliders.
Those just look massive and sturdy enough for anything.

13JKUR
08-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Man those are beefy! Makes me think about swapping out my stock Rubi sliders.
Those just look massive and sturdy enough for anything.

Thanks! I love them and they are strong as hell

Helipilot2
08-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks! I love them and they are strong as hell

Newbie question, what and where are the C gussets? :doh: I always hear about people strengthening them

Skid_Kid
08-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Newbie question, what and where are the C gussets? :doh: I always hear about people strengthening them

The "C's" are at the end of your axles that your ball joints go into to connect your knuckles to. The stock ones on a Dana 30/44 are not as strong as a ProRock. So EVO Mfg makes Gussets to weld on that portion to strengthen that area so they do not bend.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-AXLEGUSSETS

Helipilot2
08-11-2013, 12:32 AM
The "C's" are at the end of your axles that your ball joints go into to connect your knuckles to. The stock ones on a Dana 30/44 are not as strong as a ProRock. So EVO Mfg makes Gussets to weld on that portion to strengthen that area so they do not bend.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-AXLEGUSSETS

So they weld on either side of the "C", in the picture you would be looking directly at the side correct?

13JKUR
08-11-2013, 04:19 AM
So they weld on either side of the "C", in the picture you would be looking directly at the side correct?

Yep when you look at that picture it's the two wider pieces that are on top and below of the axle. They weld onto the axle and up the C. It provides a lot more strength so the C doesn't bend from the heavier tires and wheeling.

Helipilot2
08-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Yep when you look at that picture it's the two wider pieces that are on top and below of the axle. They weld onto the axle and up the C. It provides a lot more strength so the C doesn't bend from the heavier tires and wheeling.

Wait you mean things actually bend and break when you wheel? Haha. Thanks for the clarification!

bl17z90
08-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Do you weld them all the way around the ball joint?

13JKUR
08-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Do you weld them all the way around the ball joint?

They do have to remove the ball joints when they weld these or you can melt the ball joints here is a couple of better pictures. It welds almost to the ball joint

13JKUR
08-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Wait you mean things actually bend and break when you wheel? Haha. Thanks for the clarification!

I don't think they can break (i could be wrong) but I know they can bend for sure.

StrizzyChris
08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
They do have to remove the ball joints when they weld these or you can melt the ball joints here is a couple of better pictures. It welds almost to the ball joint

The factory ball joints innerds CAN become damaged when welding gussets. But if the welder is patient and jumps around from top to bottom and side to side allowing the inner knuckle to cool off you don't need to remove or replace the balljoints. I didn't remove mine when I had it done.

SDG
08-14-2013, 07:18 PM
The factory ball joints innerds CAN become damaged when welding gussets. But if the welder is patient and jumps around from top to bottom and side to side allowing the inner knuckle to cool off you don't need to remove or replace the balljoints. I didn't remove mine when I had it done.

If it gets hot enough to do that I would find a new welder. If they are pouring that much heat in then they probably don't know what they are doing and you don't want them welding shit on your rig in the first place.

This is the same person who will tack something then run a 6" bead and be surprised when the tack on the other side pops and breaks loose.

StrizzyChris
08-14-2013, 07:28 PM
If it gets hot enough to do that I would find a new welder. If they are pouring that much heat in then they probably don't know what they are doing and you don't want them welding shit on your rig in the first place.

My guy rocks, but if I were behind the shield I'm sure I'd screw it up :grayno:

This is the same person who will tack something then run a 6" bead and be surprised when the tack on the other side pops and breaks loose.

:cheesy:

13JKUR
08-15-2013, 12:36 AM
This is why I still have my tire carrier on. Mounted my rear facing amber truck lights

Ran it through the vent in the tailgate and behind this panel with looming

ttfhell
08-16-2013, 02:30 AM
This is why I still have my tire carrier on. Mounted my rear facing amber truck lights

Ran it through the vent in the tailgate and behind this panel with looming

Looks good. Did you have to use a resistor at all? Did you splice into the brake and running lights on each side?
Thanks

13JKUR
08-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Looks good. Did you have to use a resistor at all? Did you splice into the brake and running lights on each side?
Thanks

No resistor, I just wired them in parallel and ran one power and ground up to my day star panel and then power and ground for the switch. Eventually ill move them somewhere else but had to find a decent mounting spot for now.

Mikes Offroad
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
You must be getting pretty excited about now. I know when it was me the three weeks before I was checking every bolt sometimes three times to make sure everything was right. Then pack and unpack the Jeep to make sure everything fit and was easy to get at. Even the 5000km drive was exciting. HAve fun and take lots of pics.

Sharkey
09-05-2013, 03:48 PM
No final pics before you took off for JKX? I wanted to see some pics with the Nitto 37's on.:thinking: Wait, those aren't the 37's you are trying to get rid of on JKF are they? I'm so confused. :crazyeyes: Did you actually go on JKX or did you bail out?

OverlanderJK
09-05-2013, 04:22 PM
No final picks before you took off for JKX? I wanted to see some picks with the Nitto 37's on.:thinking: Wait, those aren't the 37's you are trying to get rid of on JKF are they? I'm so confused. :crazyeyes: Did you actually go on JKX or did you bail out?

I'm confused too. All that work and you cancel a trip of a lifetime? I wonder how many people applied in total. I bet Mel never picks a stock rig again.

GCM 2
09-05-2013, 05:24 PM
.......Wait, those aren't the 37's you are trying to get rid of on JKF are they? I'm so confused. :crazyeyes: Did you actually go on JKX or did you bail out?

:thinking: I hope you are joking!

Sharkey
09-05-2013, 05:45 PM
:thinking: I hope you are joking!

Unfortunately I am not. I'm not sure what is going on, but I haven't seen pics of his rig on JKX and he made a random post in another thread yesterday. Overlander asked him if he was on JKX and he didn't answer...just logged off.

Take a look at the last couple pages of the "What is your price" thread.

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 05:53 PM
What happened did he end up going or canceled I thought you had to send pics of your jeep already done up? That's weird

OverlanderJK
09-05-2013, 05:55 PM
What happened did he end up going or canceled I thought you had to send pics of your jeep already done up? That's weird

It is 100% fact that he cancelled. Reason being, who knows.

Paisano
09-05-2013, 05:55 PM

That's what they're trying to figure out. We all have a funny feeling that doesn't sit well with anybody!

OverlanderJK
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
That would be scum of the earth (not to steal eddies thunder since apparently he is) if he sold free tires. I don't think that's the case but who knows.

Moochie
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
http://www.jk-forum.com/great-lakes-48/wisconsin-bs-thread-214077/page97/#post3667678

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 06:02 PM
That sucks it just took away from someone that could of gone not go if I signed up I would of been really pissed

cozdude
09-05-2013, 06:03 PM
http://www.jk-forum.com/great-lakes-48/wisconsin-bs-thread-214077/page97/#post3667678

wooowwwwwww :asshat: i hope he notified Mel with plenty of time do mel could find a replacement for him

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I hope so that would of been the right thing to do if be honestly couldn't go family does come first

Sharkey
09-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Wow, just wow. I'm still looking for an explanation about the 37" Nittos he is now selling.

Sharkey
09-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I hope so that would of been the right thing to do if be honestly couldn't go family does come first

I agree that family comes first, but unless someone was dying or fell seriously ill, there is no reason for family to come before a trip that hundreds of people tried to earn the chance to be a part of.

I'll leave it alone now. I suppose it's up to the OP to let us know what really happened and what's going on with the tire sale.

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Yeah that's really weird oh well or he just wanted the attention maybe some people are just weird

JAGS
09-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Wow, just wow. I'm still looking for an explanation about the 37" Nittos he is now selling.

I'd think one would return them since not used for original intended purpose. Or the other option is sell. At the very least, slap them on and move on.

Not too high on the resale. Integrity goes a long way in my book, regardless of situation.

ProfessionalDriver
09-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Why is he "laughing out loud" about it in his post on JKF?

And he posted his tires for sale over there at the beginning of August... Seems like he knew he was backing out a month before the trip started. I just hope he notified Mel and his team so an alternate could be chosen in time.

bl17z90
09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Why did he get free 37's?

Serg5000
09-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Why did he get free 37's?Great question.........:thinking:

GCM 2
09-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Why were hisntires free?

The event is sponsored by Nitto tires, every mfg gives away swag to participants. Nitto just so happens to gift each rig (if they want them) a free set of 37" Trail grapplers. That's how much faith Nitto has in their tires, they want to let unknown drivers take a set of their off the shelf tires and put them through hell over a weeks worth of wheeling in a very publicized event that gets great video coverage.

Back when Falken tire was the sponsor, I refused a set of the Wild Peaks, the tires were worthless on the trail. I didn't make the video much, and I damn sure didn't make the video on two seperate JKX's when I helped changed Wild Peak flat tires on four different occassions, two of which were on the Falken Tire JK.

You know how many Nitto flat/damaged tires were changed on two JKX's and two Ultimate Adventures.......zero.

GCM 2
09-05-2013, 07:27 PM
The honorable thing to do would be to return the tires to Off Road Evolution

Krieger
09-05-2013, 07:32 PM
If it were me, life could wait.

Serg5000
09-05-2013, 07:34 PM
In his mind the reasons he gave were enough for him to back out. All of us have a different perseption as to what or how important things are to us. I don't think the reasons he gave are worthy of us judging him. It is what it is. I understand he took a spot from someone that could have gone. We don't know the full story. For all we know Mel was cool with it and decided to press on. As for the tires. Thats another story. One that will have to be sorted out later by Mel and this fella. :twocents:

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh wow they even get free set of tires? I didn't know that freakin sweet

ttfhell
09-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I'll take one! Looks like I'm the first guy to tear one up. Slabs and 8lbs on the s turn with all the weight on that tire....

GCM 2
09-05-2013, 07:42 PM
In his mind the reasons he gave were enough for him to back out. All of us have a different perseption as to what or how important things are to us. I don't think the reasons he gave are worthy of us judging him. It is what it is. I understand he took a spot from someone that could have gone. We don't know the full story. For all we know Mel was cool with it and decided to press on. As for the tires. Thats another story. One that will have to be sorted out later by Mel and this fella. :twocents:

I backed out the JKX this year, nothing wrong with not being able to commit to a major event that has a major toll on your bank account. I am simply judging the fact he was selling a set of gifted tires before the JKX had even begun. It was between him and Mel, until he put the tires up for sale on a public forum, that's my two cents.

GCM 2
09-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I'll take one! Looks like I'm the first guy to tear one up. Slabs and 8lbs on the s turn with all the weight on that tire....

Very Nice!

Serg5000
09-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I backed out the JKX this year, nothing wrong with not being able to commit to a major event that has a major toll on your bank account. I am simply judging the fact he was selling a set of gifted tires before the JKX had even begun. It was between him and Mel, until he put the tires up for sale on a public forum, that's my two cents.

I get the part if him selling the tires a month before. It does look F'd up.

I couldn't imagine the financial cost if this trip.

GCM 2
09-05-2013, 07:55 PM

Fuel bill is a monster, all the pre-trip prep work, small item purchases for repairs, fluid changes before the run, possible broken parts during the event......brother, it can all add up to a huge bill. I am still bummed I missed this year's run, but the last three years JKX were all out of my own pocket, even as a support crew guy. Mel is good people and I go to extremes to help that brother out every chance I get.

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a blast I'm ready to go next year

Serg5000
09-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Fuel bill is a monster, all the pre-trip prep work, small item purchases for repairs, fluid changes before the run, possible broken parts during the event......brother, it can all add up to a huge bill. I am still bummed I missed this year's run, but the last three years JKX were all out of my own pocket, even as a support crew guy. Mel is good people and I go to extremes to help that brother out every chance I get.Just reading this post kinda took the smile off my face. I know I would have a blst but when i got back home and seen all the credit card charges.......I would shit :eek:. I mean if you break an axle or any other major component. That would suck.

OverlanderJK
09-05-2013, 08:33 PM
You know all the costs going in. If you don't plan to drive across the country and spent a bunch of money don't apply. There is no excuse for it. This guy is a tool.

JAGS
09-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Yep. That's my point too. He could have taken the gift from nitto and walked off. But now were all posting in the guys build thread because he's making a profit off of backing out.

Sharkey
09-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Total speculation, but here goes. He probably bought 37's as he was getting ready and then, when Nitto pulled its awesomeness, he either attempted to sell the ones he bought or to sell the Nitto gift. I think his for sale post said the tires had 500 miles on them. I'm not sure when Nitto sent out its gift. Either way I see it as a lame move on his part. He should have sent the tires back, on his dime.

I sincerely hope we are all wrong about what happened here. If we aren't, then all I can say is :asshat::asshat::asshat:.

Serg5000
09-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Ok ok. I will jump on the ban wagon. This dude sucks.:cheesy:

paychex.308
09-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Yep. That's my point too.

you had to back out of this years JKX too ????? :confused::eek::confused:

andrew-

rubicrawl
09-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Lmao come on Jason you too? Lmao

Atch
09-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Don't forget the free trucklight lights everyone got this year prior to the JKX.

OverlanderJK
09-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Don't forget the free trucklight lights everyone got this year prior to the JKX.

I was thinking about those too. I wonder if he will sell those too.

Shit if he wants to sell everything else ill give him $300 for his cage.

ttfhell
09-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Was the price food he was asking? I need one for cheap!

Atch
09-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I was thinking about those too. I wonder if he will sell those too.

Shit if he wants to sell everything else ill give him $300 for his cage.

Ill give him $301

Boyerracing343
09-05-2013, 09:50 PM
If it were me, life could wait.

This is no lie! Despite I don't know this guys 'excuses' but if I were selected to participate on the JKX I would be there no matter what.:thumb:

mjbjw
09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
What a pinhead.....full circle..it will come around on him! ...there is so much to do logistically what an ass.

OverlanderJK
09-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Well after everyone calling him out I can't see him coming back on here. :cheesy:

firecrew1
09-05-2013, 11:42 PM
cant believe he sold the tires. also understand family but if this is for profit and free product,then we have a:asshat:

Beyrgut
09-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Damn he really pissed off a lot of people, I can't even get to the jk-forum site, whole thing is down.:cheesy:

Prime
09-06-2013, 12:06 AM
for me a chance at the JKX would be once in a lifetime event. Nothing less that a close family member would keep me from going. I think it's really F'ed up that someone would sell something that was gifted for that event. The JKX for me is a bucket list item if I by chance get to do it more than once I would consder that living the dream!

JKbrick
09-06-2013, 12:09 AM
How exactly did he get picked having a stock rig under the assumption he would even complete the required build?

hinrichs
09-06-2013, 12:42 AM
If i remember correctly you can be stock, or close to it, and then just need to have everything done before you get there. I was thinking the same thing however when I first saw this thread thinking wow if he got picked maybe I have a chance next year. I agree with everyone else tho how shitty that is to sell something that was gifted to you. I hope we get a real answer soon tho. Im sure I wouldn't have the exact funding needed to make the trip, but I know for this I would definitely make it work somehow or another for a once in a life time trip/opportunity.

Atch
09-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm confused, I looked at the thread on JK-F. He said he couldn't go to the jkx cause he needed to be at home. However, he was talking about a potential trip to the badlands?!?

Serg5000
09-06-2013, 01:01 AM
for me a chance at the JKX would be once in a lifetime event. Nothing less that a close family member would keep me from going. I think it's really F'ed up that someone would sell something that was gifted for that event. The JKX for me is a bucket list item if I by chance get to do it more than once I would consder that living the dream!

Actually. It's a once a year chance.

Prime
09-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Actually. It's a once a year chance.

Yea I know but I have Four kids so it would be a once in a lifetime event.:rock:

Serg5000
09-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Yea I know but I have Four kids so it would be a once in a lifetime event.:rock:

Yes. In your case it would be. Kids are very expensive.

Prime
09-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Yes. In your case it would be. Kids are very expensive.

For REAL!! and one just turned 13. I so screwed either I will end up in prison or Broke!!

Beyrgut
09-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Or Bubba will make sure you're "broke-in" prison, yup your screwed. lol

Prime
09-06-2013, 01:49 AM

lol and you know the irony of the whole thing I'm a Federal Correctional Officer Go figure!!!

firecrew1
09-06-2013, 01:50 AM

:cheesy::cheesy:

Mikes Offroad
09-06-2013, 02:06 AM

My costs for the 2012 JKX trip was just under $9000.00 Canadian.

Canvas JK
09-06-2013, 02:14 AM
My costs for the 2012 JKX trip was just under $9000.00 Canadian.

Well worth every penny. I would it in a hard beat.

Mikes Offroad
09-06-2013, 02:36 AM
It was worth every penny, a bucket list item checked for sure.

wayoflife
09-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Regarding the tires, I'd like to point out that Nitto only gave out 10 sets this year, far short of the amount of participants. I'd also like to point out that even we almost didn't get a set because of it. This guy should really man up and ship the tires he got for free back to Off Road Evolution.

Serg5000
09-06-2013, 03:28 AM
Regarding the tires, I'd like to point out that Nitto only gave out 10 sets this year, far short of the amount of participants. I'd also like to point out that even we almost didn't get a set because of it. This guy should really man up and ship the tires he got for free back to Off Road Evolution.

Some people are just a piece of crap.
Someone once said.....people suck!

TheDuff
09-06-2013, 03:32 AM

So he was one of 10 participants that got the tires? This just makes it even more ridiculous... Bad form on his behalf:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK
09-06-2013, 03:38 AM

So he did get some for free. Thought so. What a douche.

Prime
09-06-2013, 03:50 AM
So he did get some for free. Thought so. What a douche.

^^^ what OverlanderJK Said 2x!!

Sharkey
09-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Yep. Total douche.

munstie
09-06-2013, 04:13 AM
No matter how down on your luck you are, there is still the right and the wrong thing to do:grayno:

Spartan
09-07-2013, 12:30 AM

Ya, if I was single I would have my Jeep built and ready for JKX a lot faster, and would put in every year, but I have 3 kids, so I could only spend that much on a non family trip once.

We try to do trips to Moab once a year, but the kids ride in the back on all the trails. Hoping to do the Rubicon soon.

OverlanderJK
09-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Bump for answers and I am interested in buying your parts for 50% off.

ttfhell
09-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Bump for answers and I am interested in buying your parts for 50% off.

I do need a replacement tire. It's for the one I blew on a similar trip to this one. If you get one for 50% off I'll give you $49.95.

OverlanderJK
09-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I do need a replacement tire. It's for the one I blew on a similar trip to this one. If you get one for 50% off I'll give you $49.95.

Ill keep you posted. Waiting for OP to respond.

JAGS
09-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Ill keep you posted. Waiting for OP to respond.

At this point, wouldn't hold your breath. Lol.

Sharkey
09-08-2013, 08:00 PM
At this point, wouldn't hold your breath. Lol.

Agreed. He hasn't made a post since he was called out. I doubt we will hear from him again.

OverlanderJK
09-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Agreed. He hasn't made a post since he was called out. I doubt we will hear from him again.

JKbrick
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Seems like a good way to discourage future sponsors doing what he did. Is there a contract or anything to JKX?

JAGS
09-08-2013, 10:31 PM
In this case it brought more publicity to how awesome the sponsors are. It's the applicant that had the issue. I'm sure one wrong decision wouldn't hurt future participants.

JKbrick
09-08-2013, 11:52 PM
I hope it does not, I know how hard of work it takes to make a profitable business and one with a great reputation. I know my next tires will be Nitto and hopefully everyone else supports them too. That is how J K X happens. Support EVO also everyone please

10frank9
09-09-2013, 12:12 AM
💩🔥💩🔥💩🔥💩✊✊💦💦💦💦

Sharkey
09-09-2013, 12:43 AM
^^ :thinking: Flaming turds masterbating to climax?

OverlanderJK
09-09-2013, 12:47 AM
^^ :thinking: Flaming turds masterbating to climax?

I prefer this.

😳
|\
|=✊=D💦
--- 💦
| 😓
👟

JKbrick
09-09-2013, 01:13 AM
If that is directed towards me I don't get it, sorry

Moochie
09-09-2013, 01:38 AM

I don't get it either.

10frank9
09-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Not directed towards you. It's for the flaming turd (OP) who's got some splaining to do.

Btw great interpretation Sharkey.

DunnyBunny
09-09-2013, 02:30 AM
Ok I agree he should ship the tires and While it sucks he backed out and could have potentially cost someone else a spot, I'm a firm believer that a mans first priority is always their family no matter what the reason and that's the way it should be. I'm not saying that's what his reason is and he could be just trying to get free stuff and be a real douche bag.

OverlanderJK
09-09-2013, 02:44 AM
He logged on the following day of me calling him out and hasn't been back. This guy is a real class act.

OverlanderJK
09-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Welcome! :standing wave:

Moochie
09-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Welcome! :standing wave:

Do you miss him? Lol

OverlanderJK
Do you miss him? Lol

Little bit.

Sharkey
:cheesy::cheesy:

Sharkey
09-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Bump for the Friday night crowd. Who knows, maybe the OP will get drunk and find the courage to explain himself.

paychex.308
09-14-2013, 03:23 AM
very nice sharkey!!!

andrew-

OverlanderJK
09-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Bump for the Friday night crowd. Who knows, maybe the OP will get drunk and find the courage to explain himself.

I think the thread title needs to be changed to "from stock to JKX ready to stealing shit from good companies"

Woody3
09-14-2013, 03:27 AM
I think the thread title needs to be changed to "from stock to JKX ready to stealing shit from good companies"

Bwahahaha!!!! That's awesome!! I second the vote.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

pvanweelden
09-14-2013, 04:11 AM
:banghead: :thumbdown:
Did he ever sell the Nitto tires?

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKRandall
09-16-2013, 05:26 AM

Well said!!!!! :thumb:

JAGS
09-16-2013, 05:31 AM
:banghead: :thumbdown:
Did he ever sell the Nitto tires?

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The thread on jkf looks like he pulled from the market. ??? Obviously he knows he was in the wrong or he would have come back here.

cap
09-17-2013, 01:48 AM
The thread on jkf looks like he pulled from the market. ??? Obviously he knows he was in the wrong or he would have come back here.

This forum is the Wayalife family. He knows he'd be considered as a bit of a black sheep.

OverlanderJK
09-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Thank you very much. And I have no doubt, I'm sure a trip of a lifetime.

How was the trip? Everything you expected or more?

Did you get the rotopax situation figured out?

JEEPnGEO
09-19-2013, 02:46 AM
I love the spot cage and flip. I want to do that next to mine. Great pix and writing.

Sharkey
09-19-2013, 04:35 AM
How was the trip? Everything you expected or more?

Did you get the rotopax situation figured out?

The only thing he figured out was how to grift.

cap
09-19-2013, 04:49 AM
The only thing he figured out was how to grift.

You're just jealous he didn't pass the savings on to you :doh:

Sharkey
09-19-2013, 05:12 AM
You're just jealous he didn't pass the savings on to you :doh:

Nope...I'm old school. I work hard for what I get.

cap
09-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Nope...I'm old school. I work hard for what I get.

That's why you're moderator on the best site in town:rock:

Sharkey
09-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Bump, just in case the OP grew a pair.

TheDuff
09-20-2013, 06:38 AM

LOL, that made my day:)

Canvas JK
09-20-2013, 06:43 AM

Doubt he will be back.

OverlanderJK
09-20-2013, 06:46 AM
OP will surely deliver. He will wait until he thinks we forgot. But I never forget.

An Internet troll never forgets! Remember that people.

Canvas JK
09-20-2013, 06:50 AM
OP will surely deliver. He will wait until he thinks we forgot. But I never forget.

Spoken like a true warrior.:rock:

David1tontj
09-20-2013, 06:58 AM

Made me laugh hard!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

SDG
09-20-2013, 05:19 PM
But I never forget.

Hahaha lmfao....

That right there is funny.

ttfhell
09-20-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm still waiting on his PM for a tire price.

JKbrick
09-20-2013, 11:50 PM
If I had more $ than I needed I would find this ass clown and buy the tires and just send them back to Mel anonymously

Briguy114
09-20-2013, 11:54 PM
If I had more $ than I needed I would find this ass clown and buy the tires and just send them back to Mel anonymously

Well there goes your plan to maintain anonymity :bleh:

JKbrick
09-21-2013, 12:09 AM
The way things are going ill never have more $ than I need either!

JKWrang
09-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Agh. Just read this whole thread. Makes me sick. An invite only once in a lifetime event AND free gifted bad ass tires... then bail and sell?

:banghead::screwy::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown :
Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

OverlanderJK
10-06-2013, 02:33 AM
A/S/L? Email me for a good time <3_2fu(k@hotmail.com

WhiteDynamite
10-06-2013, 02:44 AM
A/S/L? Email me for a good time <3_2fu(k@hotmail.com

Email sent big boy :cheesy:

crippledpetey
10-06-2013, 02:56 AM

HAHAHAHAHA :cheesy:

10frank9
10-06-2013, 03:06 AM

Don't do it! His pimp's pimp hand is strong. :doh:

OverlanderJK
10-06-2013, 03:08 AM

:thumb: Don't cancel on me at the last minute.

WhiteDynamite
10-06-2013, 03:10 AM
:thumb: Don't cancel on me at the last minute.

Your Pimp's Pimp hand or not, I would tear that ass up. :cheesy:

OverlanderJK
10-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Your Pimp's Pimp hand or not, I would tear that ass up. :cheesy:

Call me big daddy when you back that ass up.

WhiteDynamite
10-06-2013, 03:14 AM

Leave Juvenile out of this. We are both adults and I am a bit tipsy today. Lol

OverlanderJK
10-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Leave Juvenile out of this. We are both adults and I am a bit tipsy today. Lol

Lol :cheesy:

TheDuff
10-07-2013, 05:00 AM

Isn't that Russ' line? :confused:

OverlanderJK
10-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Isn't that Russ' line? :confused:

Yeah I paid for the rights to use it once though.

10frank9
10-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Yeah I paid for the rights to use it once though.

Paid indeed. Broke back style.... Eeeek.

ttfhell
10-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Paid indeed. Broke back style.... Eeeek.
Since when did you get squirmish?

10frank9
10-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Since when did you get squirmish?

Squeamish? Or the forum member Skirmish?

kyle521
10-07-2013, 06:09 AM
idk if anyone read his posts over on jkf but his last post in his for sale thread he says they are no longer for sale

OverlanderJK
10-07-2013, 03:16 PM
idk if anyone read his posts over on jkf but his last post in his for sale thread he says they are no longer for sale

Probably cause he sold them.

wayoflife
10-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Probably cause he sold them.

:shock: he would never!!