• Nemesis Notorious

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Poison Spyder Crusher

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Bushwacker Flats

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Bootman83

Looking to get fender flares soon. Was leaning towards Bushwacker's because I can get coverage on all four for the price of just taking care of the front two but now I'm strongly leaning something a lot more durable and strong. So…the question is…

1.Nemesis Industries Notorious

2.Poison Spyder Crusher Narrow W Aluminum

3.Bushwacker Flat

Don't get caught up on colors. I'm doing textured black powder coat no matter what, so try to look past that.

Attachments

• Nemesis Industries.jpg
    Nemesis Industries.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 630
  • Poison Spyder Crusher2.jpg
    Poison Spyder Crusher2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 634
  • Bushwacker.jpg
    Bushwacker.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 627

OJK12

If you are considering the bushwhackers I'd just cut the stock flares. It's free looks better and when cut they just fold over nicely without damage and pop back up. Plus they are cheap to replace!! Just a thought for you to consider.

ATC_LV

I've got bushwackers and I say just cut your fenders. Cheaper, looks similar, and bushwackers were the biggest pain to install.

sean.m.adams33

I agree with overlander. Stock cut fenders to me look the best and are the best price point. But if you have the cash go for poison spyder. Just my opinion.

Bootman83

If you are considering the bushwhackers I'd just cut the stock flares. It's free looks better and when cut they just fold over nicely without damage and pop back up. Plus they are cheap to replace!! Just a thought for you to consider.

Thanks. Yeah, I like the cut ones. I think some guys do a great job, then others it looks like a hack parade went on. I like a clean look, but definitely an idea. Thanks.

KPM171

I like the bushwacker set the most. Seen too many screwed up trimmed fenders on the forums.

Bootman83

Now I'm all confused. Yeah I've seen some pretty jacked up ones too, am I'm not the most patient person. Be nice to save $600 bucks tho! Maybe I'll just hold off. After reading thru some threads, now I'm thinking maybe with my 315s and 2 1/2 it wont look good. Maybe I should wait??

phillypete

Initially I had planned on doing bent tube fender flairs for protective reasons, but I have heard debates suggesting that some of the more rigid fenders would cause more body damage than they would prevent.

I'm I have no hands on experience with this, but looking at some of the attachment methods it makes sense.

Either way cutting your factory flairs isn't a bad way to go. Especially if you have money set aside to buy aftermarket flairs.

So give it a try, if you like the cut than you have more money to spend elsewhere. If not then your back to plan A.

Bootman83

Initially I had planned on doing bent tube fender flairs for protective reasons, but I have heard debates suggesting that some of the more rigid fenders would cause more body damage than they would prevent.

I'm I have no hands on experience with this, but looking at some of the attachment methods it makes sense.

Either way cutting your factory flairs isn't a bad way to go. Especially if you have money set aside to buy aftermarket flairs.

So give it a try, if you like the cut than you have more money to spend elsewhere. If not then your back to plan A.

I like the logic. Thanks!

seanb123

I liked the nemesis untill I looked at the price. Holy s*** $1150 before paint. That's crazy. I'd cut the stocks a 1000 times before I pay that. Like everyone else said put some cash aside and see if you like it but also wait till you get the tires and see if you really need them cut I didn't really need to cut mine.

Bootman83

Yea. Bit pricey for whole thing. I'm leaning bumper now and try a trim myself. If it doesn't work out then go from there.

txjeeplover

I bought the Trailmods Trail Flares (narrow version) soon as they hit the market. I love the look, but they are unreasonably expensive for what you get. In the alternative, I would have gone with the Nemesis flares.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, cut factory flares are the way to go if you wheel hard. I have seen too many instances where a hard hit to a tube fender or even a hard plastic fender ended up doing body damage.

biggy

If your thinking about bushwackers i would advise not to. Ive leaned both rears up against a tree and the other side a rock face and both are deformed. I wish I would have stayed with my cut stockers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom