Spark Plugs

munstie

Was just curious what everyone's running in there 3.8 engines and if there are any in particular to stay away from with this engine.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Macman1138

Was just curious what everyone's running in there 3.8 engines and if there are any in particular to stay away from with this engine.

I have been using Bosch as replacement plugs in my Jeeps since 1986 with no problems, great performance.

JeepFan

Hooked
You can't go wrong with the double platinum Champion spark plugs your Jeep ignition system was designed to use. Most auto parts stores carry them and they're not too expensive.

robx251

Caught the Bug

So timely, I was just going to ask the same question, I have been starting to notice a slight hitch in my 2010 and just got a P0304 code today, its very wet and cool out today, so im thinking of throwing some plugs and wires on it. I have 51k on it, I figure its probably due.

JeepFan

Hooked
So timely, I was just going to ask the same question, I have been starting to notice a slight hitch in my 2010 and just got a P0304 code today, its very wet and cool out today, so im thinking of throwing some plugs and wires on it. I have 51k on it, I figure its probably due.

Yup, you're Jeep is probably due for a new set of plugs and wires. I got 71k out if mine. Here's a how to write up for you to check out.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=7347

robx251

Caught the Bug
Thanks, did those today, was pretty easy as i thought looking the write up over. Hardest thing was getting those wires run around the back of the motor. Didn't notice that they were tight to the motor until After three tries. doh!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom