Warn Powerplant vs Zeon + OBA

phillypete

So I'm trying to decide between a Warn Powerplant or a Zeon with a separate (and yet to be determined) OBA.

I would like to know the pros and cons of each setup.

Also I will be purchasing a front bumper with a low winch mount if I choose the powerpant, so the added size shouldn't be an issue.

Serg5000

Only pros as for the winch. Either model will do the trick. The power plant is all in one unit. Rather hard to beat a setup like that. I mean you bolt on and call it a day. If you get the separate OBA then you have to figure out which one. Where to mount it. It's actually a pain in the ass. If I hadn't got my winch for free, I would have gotten a power plant just because of the integrated air system. My two cents.

Atch

Only pros as for the winch. Either model will do the trick. The power plant is all in one unit. Rather hard to beat a setup like that. I mean you bolt on and call it a day. If you get the separate OBA then you have to figure out which one. Where to mount it. It's actually a pain in the ass. If I hadn't got my winch for free, I would have gotten a power plant just because of the integrated air system. My two cents.

The con to the power plant could be that it is in fact an all in one unit. IF the winch were to stop working you need to get another power plant or a winch & OBA. If you were to get two separate units, one craps out you just have to replace the one unit not both.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I've had the powerplant for over 6 years it's never failed me.

Don't be concerned with it being tied together

NHAkita

If you go Zeon DO NOT purchase a Warn Elite bumper. They DO NOT fit together and Warn customer service SUCKS. I have the Elite and Zeon 10-S and had to modify the mounting and build spacers to put my $2100 winch/bumper combo together. When I called warn to ask what I could do or if they made anything to adapt the line went silent.

phillypete

If you go Zeon DO NOT purchase a Warn Elite bumper. They DO NOT fit together and Warn customer service SUCKS. I have the Elite and Zeon 10-S and had to modify the mounting and build spacers to put my $2100 winch/bumper combo together. When I called warn to ask what I could do or if they made anything to adapt the line went silent.

Yikes on the customer service side of things, but I know of several bumpers that have issues with the Zeon. Poison Spyder sells spacers for their bumpers for the Zeon to fit.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have the Zeon 10S, and had to modify my rampage bumper to make it fit. The winch doesn't directly bolt up to A LOT of bumpers, especially ones where the winch is sunken in. Do your research with the bumper/winch fitment first. My PERSONAL choice was separate units. I prefer the cleaner look and having the units separate in case of failure.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yikes on the customer service side of things, but I know of several bumpers that have issues with the Zeon. Poison Spyder sells spacers for their bumpers for the Zeon to fit.

Never had a bad experience with Warn customer service. they have always been top of the line. One of the reasons Off road Evolutions sells Warn

Last edited:
The PowerPlant is a great unit and I have had zero issues with mine. If you buy it right the first time, you wont be worried about IF it breaks. PowerPlant HP for the WIN!!!

dchew

Caught the Bug
Both are great options; it's just preference. Powerplant gets it done with one simple install as Serg said. I went with the 10-s because it fits well very with my Expedition One bumper. Sits down in there almost completely out of the way. For now I just got a Viar 450p because I couldn't decide on a permanent OBA install.

Dave

PHX JK

I'm sure the Powerplant is a good but???????

I don't like how high they sit. I live in Phoenix and there are a lot of Hot long drives to the Fun. 115f heat is very unforgiving and I don't like the
Idea of Blocking a Radiator. I also like the idea of Seperate on Board Air like the ARB Twin Mounted Under the left side of the hood.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I don't like how high they sit. I live in Phoenix and there are a lot of Hot long drives to the Fun. 115f heat is very unforgiving and I don't like the
Idea of Blocking a Radiator. I also like the idea of Seperate on Board Air like the ARB Twin Mounted Under the left side of the hood.

just go 100+ when in the desert :cheesy:

...I couldnt resist...

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom