Removed only 1 quart from 2013 transmission!!!

Just hit 6700 on a 2013 unlimited Rubicon. Oil light came on so I changed the motor, transmission, diff, and transfer case fluids. Only 1 quart came out of the transmissionand took 2 quarts. 1.5 quarts on the transfer case and took 2 quarts. Front and rear diffs gave up 1 quart each and front took 1 quart and rear took 2 quarts. I followed the write ups and did not over fill anything. I know the tranny should of had more giving and receiving according to the write ups. Do any of the fluid levels sound off?:confused:

Eddie and friends, thanks for the write ups. I couldn't of done it without the awesome writeups. :thumbup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Am I reading right that you only have 6700 miles on your Jeep? If so, is there any reason why you would have changed your tranny and diff fluids so soon?

Yes, only 6700 miles. I pulled the rear fill plug on the diff and inserted a zip tie and could not get a reading. Checked the front diff and trans and only the front diff gave me a small reading. I freaked out and pulled the plugs to check for large metal on the magnets. Looked good so had to refill. Did the transfer case too since I was already knee deep and wallet deep into. I could of probably just added more fluids and topped everthing off but not getting a reading pissed me off. Im probably wrong but this is my first 40k vehicle and spending a couple of hundred to make sure made sense and helps to sleep at night.
Here is a pic of my expensive exploration of the unknown. That was my first time changing out anything other than motor oil. Thanks to the write ups :D
1370887513400.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom