Video: Pancake Rock

TheDuff

thanks to the suggestion to upload the video to dailymotion by BoogieMan, the video isn't lost forever at the hand of UMG! so please enjoy!

on a side note I found that DailyMotion has a mobile app on the android based GooglePlay store and I wouldnt be surprised to find the same on the apple store.

Last edited:

TheDuff

the video exceeds the maximum file size for the free version of Vimeo, so for now it is what it is:grayno:

BoogieMan

You gonna have to get rid of the music that's in the video. That's the only way for the video to play on all platforms.

TheDuff

You gonna have to get rid of the music that's in the video. That's the only way for the video to play on all platforms.

I understand that, its just ridiculous that you can't tell what music will or won't get the video blocked before I upload it. I spent a lot of time editing the clips around the music and don't care to redo it at this time. So I can burn it to a blank DVD for those that where there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

BoogieMan

I understand that, its just ridiculous that you can't tell what music will or won't get the video blocked before I upload it. I spent a lot of time editing the clips around the music and don't care to redo it at this time. So I can burn it to a blank DVD for those that where there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you know any musicians that willing to let you play their music on your video? You shouldn't have any problems going that route. Or just make your vids without music, less hassle and bs you have to go through.

TheDuff

I filed a fair use dispute. looks like UMG has an amazing amount of power and can take down videos that contain copyright material that they do not even own. in this case it looks like I used a song that is popular enough to be on a automated block list:naw: so I filed the dispute and added "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use." I noted in the video and description that the video is for entertainment purposes only, non profit, i make no money in creating the video. i know its a long shot, but worst that can happen is they ban my youtube account:crazyeyes:

b-white

I am not sure what changed but I was able to watch the whole thing using youtube. Great video :thumb: I am really looking forward to hitting up that trail myself sometime soon.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ditto. Very nice!

I need to drive the jeep down next Christmas and hit this up.

TeamFaust

I understand that, its just ridiculous that you can't tell what music will or won't get the video blocked before I upload it. I spent a lot of time editing the clips around the music and don't care to redo it at this time...

Never easy eh? :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom