I turn to my brothers for advice

In the process of building my rig. I have budgeted most of the things going into it. So far I have stayed true to it. :)

Here's my question. Going to order my suspension in the next week. Was set on getting the EVO double down w/ 2.5 remote res shocks. Then started reading about the coil over set ups and the questions started coming. What to get.
This rig will see the streets as well as heavy wheeling. I have a Dana 60 full float with 8 lug with a locker in in it. Going the same in the front. Plan on running 37's for now and may go to ??? Tire size After I get to know the rig and what I want out of it. I tend to over build some what.
I have 5k to put into my lift, I do all my own work so labor is not in the equation.
If I left any info out that you need to know to answer the question Let me know please.
Question. Get the double down with the 2.5 shocks, get the rock krawler coil overs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
have you considered running the double D kit with the new entry level evo bolt on coil overs instead of the 2.5 shocks? yes, it would be more expensive but, with all that you save in labor, it wouldn't be overly so and the benefits would be significant.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have. So you think it would be worth the extra $$.

without a doubt. i have run a lot of different lifts and combination of springs and shocks and really, nothing compares to what you get with a good set of coil overs dialed in for a JK.

Not available yet :(.

May just buy the double down with the bilstines for now. And just live with it for a bit.

If you upgrade to the high clearance brackets latter, are you able to use the same EVO envy links?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not available yet :(.

May just buy the double down with the bilstines for now. And just live with it for a bit.

If you upgrade to the high clearance brackets latter, are you able to use the same EVO envy links?

it should be available soon after mel gets back from dubai. maybe a week or two.

if you upgrade to high clearance brackets later, yes, you should be able to still use the same envy links - they would just be adjusted out a bit so that they're longer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for all the info. Just wondering if you have heard anything about the rock krawler set up.

their coil overs? no. i have no experience with them. when it comes to coil overs, it's difficult to compare anything to king's. they've been working hard to develop and fine tune their coil overs specifically for the JK and keep making adjustments as time goes on. i don't think anyone out there is doing this but them.

Sorry. Yes the rock krawler coil overs. Thank you for your time again.

The coilovers that are on the EVO site are wield on correct? And that's just the coil overs no lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry. Yes the rock krawler coil overs. Thank you for your time again.

The coilovers that are on the EVO site are wield on correct? And that's just the coil overs no lift?

the ones on the site are weld on and the coil overs is the lift. you will need control arms and other components to complete the lift. what you see on rubicat is all bolt on and super easy to install.

Yea I'm pulling the trigger on the long arm bolt on. Will get the king 2.5 shocks and rock it for a while. Thanks for all your info.

StrizzyChris

Yea I'm pulling the trigger on the long arm bolt on. Will get the king 2.5 shocks and rock it for a while. Thanks for all your info.

I would recomend talking to ORE on the phone. many times they will drop their price on a set-up slightly if you omit some parts (ie coils) and you can pass that savings on to your coilover and it really narrow the gap in purchase price. If this is going to be a regularly used rig, your gonna want to upgrade sooner rather than later, and end up spending significantly more down the road. They are both great, and cant go wrong with either set-ups, but if your already contimplating it your gonna do it later GUARANTEED! Save your money and only do the job once!

I would recomend talking to ORE on the phone. many times they will drop their price on a set-up slightly if you omit some parts (ie coils) and you can pass that savings on to your coilover and it really narrow the gap in purchase price. If this is going to be a regularly used rig, your gonna want to upgrade sooner rather than later, and end up spending significantly more down the road. They are both great, and cant go wrong with either set-ups, but if your already contimplating it your gonna do it later GUARANTEED! Save your money and only do the job once!

This is basicaly what my wife has already said. I'm holding out untill mel returns and the bolt on coilovers are on the market. I have looked into rebel offroad coil overs also, but do not care for the way the back ones bolt on. since I don't plan on selling this anytime soon, I may just get the weild on coilovers and go to town. :rock:

Top Bottom