Cheap Lift

MrJ3sser

I only had my Jeep for three months before I decided to lift it and I made the decision prematurely. I went with a Pro Comp 2.5" lift with the cheap ES9000 shocks. I know that suspension upgrades usually make for a firmer ride but this thing rides like a damn cement truck. So, can I improve the ride by upgrading the shocks? Or should I just save up to get a better lift? Or is there something else that I'm missing? All help is appreciated. :thumb:

I wish I would have done a little more research before I dove in head first, but you live and you learn. Right?

I suggest that if you dont like the ride, replace it all. You dont have much into it, so ditching it shouldnt hurt much. now it is a matter of what you are willing to spend and how you plan wheelin your jeep. there are products out there that will be an upgrade from what you have without breaking the bank...

There are several out there. I have heard great reviews on the Rock Krawler. Metal Cloak has a decent looking lift with the exception of the shocks. If I had the dollars the EVO Coilover would be on my rig or for that matter any EVO lift. Just don't have the 3K+ to put out right now. The one draw back for Tereflex is to rebuild the control arms you have to use their parts. EVO, Metal Cloak and Rock Krawler are all made in the US.

R/
Will

StrizzyChris

Is yours their cheapest kit that only includes a couple drop brackets, coils and shocks for around $500? If you go with another kit, you'll probably run a set of bilsteins which are great shocks. I would recommend trying those shocks before completely ditching the coils and spend on another complete set. If other than the ride quality are you satisfies with the lift, I would go that route and save some money....at least until its certain a complete swap is what you need.

MrJ3sser

Is yours their cheapest kit that only includes a couple drop brackets, coils and shocks for around $500? If you go with another kit, you'll probably run a set of bilsteins which are great shocks. I would recommend trying those shocks before completely ditching the coils and spend on another complete set. If other than the ride quality are you satisfies with the lift, I would go that route and save some money....at least until its certain a complete swap is what you need.

Yeah, that's the kit I have. I thought of throwing on some bilstein 5100's but I was wondering if that would even make much of a difference? Will this kit bite me in the ass in other areas down the road when I start wheeling more?

MrJ3sser

Since most kits don't come with shocks, I could put some 5100s in and then save up for a better lift down the road.

what Skirmish said... those Pro Comp coils are a big part of you "cement truck" ride... scrap it all and start again and sell the Pro Comp junk on ebay or CL.

andrew -

Top Bottom