JK After Market step installation

tonywjk

Saw a rock slider/side step rail installed on a jk while driving on the road the other day. I like the look of a full length slider that serves as protection and step in all in one. Dont know which brand it was. Am looking for something like that, that will allow protection as well as a step. Light and will mount to existing body, any thoughts, Evo, LOD?

Atch

Are you talking about a step that hangs lower than the slider? I know they exist but not sure if that's what you're inquiring about. If a step is important to you I'd go with LOD hands down. I love my EVO sliders but they aren't much of a step.

I have the LoD sliders and love them. I have a 4yo who can climb in the Jeep. Poison Spyder does make a set but the mount to the pinch seam which if you hit them too hard you could cause severe body damage to the door post. Metal Cloak also has a set which mount to the pinch seam again the same situation. Rugged Ridge does make a step for the JK. I took a set off my JK to put the sliders on. If you are not going to do any rock crawling for awhile this would be an option. The LoD sliders took about 4 weeks from the time of order to delivery. Chris at LoD was very helpful.

R/
Will

suicideking

I got the Evo, second choice was the LOD.

Also checkout: Shrockworks (long wait times), Rock Hard, Pure Jeep, JCR, Ace. They can all be used as a step.

If your looking for an actual swing down step slider, then the only one is Rock Slide Engineering... Motorized swing down step built into the rock slider. Pricey at first glance but well worth the money and well made. My wife is short legged petite and couldn't get in her DD with a 2.5 RK lift and now she love these steps and would pay twice as much. They are well made as rock sliders and function as such with out damage to the step. Check them out if that is what your looking for.

LittleRed

If your looking for an actual swing down step slider, then the only one is Rock Slide Engineering... Motorized swing down step built into the rock slider. Pricey at first glance but well worth the money and well made. My wife is short legged petite and couldn't get in her DD with a 2.5 RK lift and now she love these steps and would pay twice as much. They are well made as rock sliders and function as such with out damage to the step. Check them out if that is what your looking for.

X2 on those. I went wheeling with a couple that had those on their Jeep and was impressed. They're a fully functional rock slider but you could swing them down into an actually useful step for the lady friend if needed. Once I have enough dough to start building my Jeep, they're going to be a must

Top Bottom