Just bought a JKUR- E disco question

alpinhi

Hey all,
I let my 05 TJUR go and picked up a 09 JKUR. I am excited that I can easily haul the family around and wheel with the same vehicle now. We already have a Colorado trip planned for July. I did notice that the E-disco doesn't seem to work. When I push the button the motor makes a noise like its running but nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas or experienced this? I have heard that these are problematic and expensive to fix. I am considering the Offroad evo setup if all else fails.

Attachments

• DSCN0573.jpg
    DSCN0573.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0574.jpg
    DSCN0574.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 83

Xodius

Banned
Congrats on the upgrade! As for the disco...I have no idea personally. I am curious about it though.

xflstl

Are you in 4 lo when doing this? I have never heard mine make a sound, but know that it only works in 4lo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

alpinhi

That's what I was thinking. Plus, will only disconnect at below 20 mph.
Yep, I was in 4-lo. I had a buddy push the button while I laid down by the sway bar motor. I could hear it run but the bar did not rotate. Am I supposed to see it move? Now that I think about it, I did not drive it around with it in the disconnected mode. Maybe I'll try that this afternoon after I get out of training.

StrizzyChris

Yep, I was in 4-lo. I had a buddy push the button while I laid down by the sway bar motor. I could hear it run but the bar did not rotate. Am I supposed to see it move? Now that I think about it, I did not drive it around with it in the disconnected mode. Maybe I'll try that this afternoon after I get out of training.

It does not move until you move and the axle articulates

alpinhi

OK, I feel stupid now.:doh: I just put a tire up on our retaining wall and the sway bar does unhook. I thought it was supposed to rotate down or something. I'm new to the JK world so bear with me please. How long does it usually take to reconnect when driving?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
OK, I feel stupid now.:doh: I just put a tire up on our retaining wall and the sway bar does unhook. I thought it was supposed to rotate down or something. I'm new to the JK world so bear with me please. How long does it usually take to reconnect when driving?

If you are fairly level it will reconnect pretty quickly.

StrizzyChris

No question is dumb. Everyone learns this stuff over time, so keep asking. Its better than wasting money and/or accidentally breaking stuff alone :cheers:
and as mentioned you need to be level for it to reconnect.

Top Bottom