Remington RTC ... Give us your .02...

On a scale of 1-5 what do you think of the Remington Wheel designs

• 1: I hate them, I wouldn't even toss them in the air and shoot at them

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 2: They are Ok, not my style but I've got a friend that might like them.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • 3: I think they are better than average.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 4: If I was in the hunt for wheels, these would be on my list for consideration.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 5: When can I buy them? I'll take 6! 5 for my Jeep and one for my living room wall.

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Discount Tire

Remington RTC:

REMPOSTER5.jpg

remlarge-rtc-mach.jpg

remlarge-rtc-black.jpg

remlarge-rtc-tan.jpg

The Remington RTC is a new wheel design by Remington Wheels. This wheel should be available in 17" and 18" and, similar to the Level 8 ZX, should have an optional bolt on scratch guard.

Give us your opinion on them. Do you like them, hate them, wish they were available in a different size, different finish? Tell us what you think!

Click here to see all

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
They kind of remind me of the BBS RS wheels for cars.

I think those bolts are going to get shredded on the rocks. :yup:

Discount Tire

I thought the same thing but was figuring that the bolt on scratch guard covered that:idontknow:

If we end up with a sample, I'll snap some pics of it. I think the this wheel is still in the development phase though so it could be a little while. I run a set of Level 8 ZX wheels with a similar bolt on scratch guard and they have saved my wheels more than once.

My first thought was these look like rims from a sports car or a Daytona Prototype race car. After careful examination the nuts for the beadlock seem a little out of place. They stick out a from the locking ring which would cause them to wear down making chaning the tire a pain. With worn down locking bolts each would have to be drilled and ease outed.

Not high on my priority list.

R/
Will

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My first thought was these look like rims from a sports car or a Daytona Prototype race car. After careful examination the nuts for the beadlock seem a little out of place. They stick out a from the locking ring which would cause them to wear down making chaning the tire a pain. With worn down locking bolts each would have to be drilled and ease outed.

Not high on my priority list.

R/
Will

I don't think they are a real beadlock. :thinking:

I would defiantly put them on a truck if I had one. They are too purdy to go on the jeep and get beat on. :cheesy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would throw them on if they were bead locks and a really good price. I kinda like the look of em and would highly consider them but need to see a pair in person

Sent from my iPhone

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I like the "Trophy" wheel but too bad it doesn't come in a 17" option. The photo you posted looks nice but looks more like a BBS wheel for a sports car and reminds me of my wife's old stock Beemer wheels.

Beyrgut

The bolt heads around the rim should be replaced with a brass/silver shell casing. It would fit the Remington theme better.

RedRockJeeper

Sorry they look like street racer wannabes. Rock crawling will destroy them, however probably great for a "mallcrawler". Not exactly the kind of stuff I would expect from Remington...:doh:

JT2012Jk

Remington

Like any company trying to break into a new niche, they are going to have to market towards the masses that will buy them. These will probably be bought by hunters and your "average'' outdoorsman. Marketing towards the more dedicated four wheeler might take a while, they need feedback from this community on how to improve and make themselves more competitive.

JT

VWright14

I like em. .. but I would like to see them without the ring and mounted on a real vehicle.

Sent while watching chicks get naked.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I think the bolts need to be recessed and the center supports are way to close to the edge to be a functional off road wheel. Aesthetically, the wheel looks good but looks mean dick on the trail. My $0.02 ...... BTW you guys at discount tire are awesome, thanks for being a stand up company. I ordered my tires from the local store in Littleton and they told me it would be a week to get them in. 3 days later they call me to say they had 4 of them in and were on their way back from Cheyenne with the 5th. Great service!

Top Bottom