Thoughts on Suspension for a 2dr

DJCFHB

i havent heard many people talk of running this suspension setup the more popular choices are AEV/RK/TF/RC/EVO. That being said i have a few of their suspension component on my rig (tie rod and ball joints) and have nothing bad to say about either.

3inches of lift and flat/cut flares will be a nice setup for 37's, that is what i ran on my rig (tf 3" lift). Good lcg, but no rubbing.

Last edited:

Skirmish

I have the stage 3 Synergy, excellent kit. The big difference is I have all 8 adjustable control arms with Johnny Joints. It's quite an improvement over the fixed arms. I also have the rear LCA skids instead of the rear shock brackets. Raising the shocks gives you better droop and gets them out of the way but the skids keep your LCA mounts solid as well.

The brackets are solid as are the bumpstops. 3" is plenty for a 2 door on 35's, you can do 37's with flat fenders but it wouldn't be much to replace the coils to a 4" later. You could also swap the arms for adjustable when funds allow. I have the Fox 2.0 IFP setup for the JK as well as the Synergy tie rod, sector shaft brace, front track bar and stabilizer relocation kit. All of it is solid and does a great job in big rocks.

Here's a bunch of pics of the lift in action, I've got video as well if you are interested.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371035475.751142.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371035515.585814.jpg

skm6_zps98ff0027.jpg

skm5_zpsfa8a8ede.jpg

NightFlex_zpsd7c52af2.jpg

Skirmishextreme_zps62829620.jpg

AmberMt_zpsf253754a.jpg

IMGP1622_zps15b7d0ab.jpg

aaronstephen

I have the stage 3 Synergy, excellent kit. The big difference is I have all 8 adjustable control arms with Johnny Joints. It's quite an improvement over the fixed arms. I also have the rear LCA skids instead of the rear shock brackets. Raising the shocks gives you better droop and gets them out of the way but the skids keep your LCA mounts solid as well.

The brackets are solid as are the bumpstops. 3" is plenty for a 2 door on 35's, you can do 37's with flat fenders but it wouldn't be much to replace the coils to a 4" later. You could also swap the arms for adjustable when funds allow. I have the Fox 2.0 IFP setup for the JK as well as the Synergy tie rod, sector shaft brace, front track bar and stabilizer relocation kit. All of it is solid and does a great job in big rocks.

Here's a bunch of pics of the lift in action, I've got video as well if you are interested.

Sweet rig man. Thanks for sharing. I am considering the stage 3 lift. Would be nice to have all 8 adjustable control arms. Especially since I'll be replacing the rear driveshaft with aftermarket.

Skirmish

Thanks. One of the nice things about the kit is you can pick and choose parts easily. You could just do a pair front and a pair rear of adjustable for now and add later if you wanted as well. I actually built it in stages as I already had a cheaper lift on so I could swap pieces as the money came in.

My sticker collection (it has grown since) will give you an idea of how many orders I've put in. Poly Performance is a great company to deal with too. Always quick to take care of me.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371037319.580929.jpg

SteelBadger

Thanks. One of the nice things about the kit is you can pick and choose parts easily. You could just do a pair front and a pair rear of adjustable for now and add later if you wanted as well. I actually built it in stages as I already had a cheaper lift on so I could swap pieces as the money came in.

My sticker collection (it has grown since) will give you an idea of how many orders I've put in. Poly Performance is a great company to deal with too. Always quick to take care of me.

Hello,

I was wondering if you are still happy with your Synergy components. Any updates?

Thanks.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
their coils are confusing,if you get the same size front and back they have a lot of rake, i think you are supposed to order 1" shorter for the back.

Armydog

View attachment 34861

View attachment 34862

skm6_zps98ff0027.jpg

skm5_zpsfa8a8ede.jpg

NightFlex_zpsd7c52af2.jpg

Skirmishextreme_zps62829620.jpg

AmberMt_zpsf253754a.jpg

IMGP1622_zps15b7d0ab.jpg

Very sweet rig!!! Nice brother

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Skirmish

Very sweet rig!!! Nice brother

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Thanks!

olram30 said:
their coils are confusing,if you get the same size front and back they have a lot of rake, i think you are supposed to order 1" shorter for the back.

Don't know where this is coming from. I have 3" front and rear and no rake. I have other friends with 3" and friends with 4" Synergy coils who also have no rake both on 2 and 4 doors.
I had a buddy with a TJ who got Savvy coils and they mistakenly sent him 4" rears to go with his 3" fronts but I don't know of any matched coils that give you rake other than stock.

Mick5280

I put 3.5" rockrawler mid arm on my 09 2door with 5160 bilstein shocks so far I'm very happy with how it ha preformed on and off road. I picked the mid arm because it pushed my rear axle back 1.5" I have plenty of clearance up and down with my body armor but the rear axle sits closer to the front so pushing a 37" tire would be very very tight with out rubbing the body

Mick5280

olram30

Thanks!

Don't know where this is coming from. I have 3" front and rear and no rake. I have other friends with 3" and friends with 4" Synergy coils who also have no rake both on 2 and 4 doors.
I had a buddy with a TJ who got Savvy coils and they mistakenly sent him 4" rears to go with his 3" fronts but I don't know of any matched coils that give you rake other than stock.

It comes from them. They say to run a shorter coil on back if you don't want rake. I believe jkjody(i think) runs 4" up front and 3" back. Also notjerryskid(i think) runs the same size coil and has a lot of rake. No big deal, just saying if you don't want a lot of rake order a size lower like the mfg suggested.

Attachments

• 1405470096193.jpg
    1405470096193.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 72

Mick5280

My JK came with a stock 2" lift when I put my 3.5" rockkrawler mid arm on I gained 1.5" in the front and 3" in the rear

Mick5280

Skirmish

Wonder what they mean by "loaded" and "unloaded"? I guess my 1/4" steel rear bumper balances out the rake cause I even put a level on the back quarter and it was flat. I've seen Notajerryskid's Kracken and it doesn't look raked in person, never put a level on his though.

Mick5280

Those measurements came right after I put it on and now after driving for a few and putting my tire carrier on it does seem as racked as it did at first or maybe I'm just use to looking at it now

Mick5280

Skirmish

I carry a shit load of tools and recovery gear so maybe that means my rig is "loaded". Never did a proper measurement to see what I got out of the lift but it still fits in the garage so that's something. ;)

olram30

Don't get me wrong, I think a Jeep should have some rake when empty, I know mine sags in the back when loaded up with camping gear, full tank of gas and passengers. But I don't go camping every day and having to much rake everyday would bug me. One of the benefits if coil overs I guess.

Skirmish

I wouldn't want the Feds to see my rear sagging. Might get pulled over for running shine or trying to dump a dead hooker. :p

Sent from my HTC One using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom