PSI to run

mtnbiker995

I have 270/55/R17 (or 275/55/r17 I don't remember) Dunlop Fierce Attitude MT's. They're basically a 33" tire and have a D load rating. I think they're max cold rates at about 60PSI, I'm at work so I can't check. I run about 26PSI in them so help soften up the ride and because I'm on and off the road frequently.

Would you guys recommend airing up before driving a couple hours on the freeway or should I be fine? I never have before, but a guy I was talking to the other day freaked out when I told him that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm running 30 psi constantly. I don't do as much off road till I hit the trails as you prob do that's why I'm a little higher. But I leave it where is when I drive the highway for a few hours to get to the beach.

Sent from my iPhone

DJCFHB

I usually run about 24psi, but for long road trips i'll bump up the pressure to 30-35 to help narrow the contact patch for a little more fuel efficient ride ( at least thats what i tell myself lol). Like the title of one of the latest vids. "Bricks in the Wind", not sure it makes any difference.

Tcdawg

I run 28 on my 37" MTR's all the time. You can bump it up a little if you want, won't hurt. May help your MPG a little.

ltdanlj

You won't hurt anything, but remember that as you go to a higher pressure, your contact patch is going to start decreasing, meaning handling will feel different...

Top Bottom