Need jeepin trip advice!

devwil68

My wife and I are wanting to plan our first jeeping trip to Colorado/Moab. We would like to hit the mild trails that connect Silverton, Ouray, And Telluride, then make our way to Moab for a few trail runs. We are looking at spending 7-10 days doing this...driving from DFW in North Texas round trip. Is there a route anyone recommends?

I also need some advice on this thought. I know there are always chances of breaking...but that's the nature if off road. We have made some OHV trails around here....but we really want to see Gods country.

We currently have a sport with a few mods:

Rock crawler 3.5 lift
MT 37s
Bumpers
Winch
4.88s
Front sleeves and gussets

I plan to have skid plates before the trip too also.....thoughts on the idea?

Attachments

• image-4089379162.jpg
    image-4089379162.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

supra_launch21v

Buy the Charles Wells book and get on Traildamage.com. Also checkout my itinerary that we have planned for July 19th under Colorado July 2013. Pm me if you are interested in joining us.

JandSJK

We did the trip in reverse from Oregon. The trail books were extremely helpful. We went over Imogene pass to telluride form ouray then back over opher pass. Then we did the alpine loop which is just outside of ouray

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rippin Lipz

Funny, my wife also just approached me about the very same trip and I was going to post a thread. We are planning our trip May 16 to May 26 2014. We'll spend the last weekend, Memorial Day weekend, in Moab.

supra_launch21v

You won't get to do any trails in May around there, unless you bring your x country skiis. Ha ha, too much snow still in the mountains. Moab is perfect during that time.

ewinterfeldt

You'll want to check on the trails in CO because of all the fires out here right now. Two huge wildfires down by Colorado Springs right now, plus another one up by Estes Park.

Hatewagon

Funny, my wife also just approached me about the very same trip and I was going to post a thread. We are planning our trip May 16 to May 26 2014. We'll spend the last weekend, Memorial Day weekend, in Moab.

Heading to moab with a crew that time too.

MOFO - Original 9

Top Bottom