Help me decide on rock sliders.

ATC_LV

I'm going to order some sliders and some Evo rockskins in a couple of days. I'm having a hard time deciding between Evo sliders and the LOD sliders. I like the LOD for the step, and I see lots of people with the EVO and they all love it. Also could the LOD sliders be welded on instead of bolted on? Thanks in advance guys.

I have the LOD rock sliders and love them. My 4 yo son has no problem crawling into my JK. Yes you can weld them on there is enough steel. I used weld nuts to put mine on and upgraded to grade 8 bolts with lock washers. I do not have a picture with me because I am deployed. If you go with LOD there is a minimum 4 to 6 week wait. Chris at LOD is great.

R/
Will

If you are going to do rocker armor then I would do that first before the sliders. I have to take mine off to put the rocker armor on.

ATC_LV

If you are going to do rocker armor then I would do that first before the sliders. I have to take mine off to put the rocker armor on.

I definitely will put the EVO skins on first. If I go with LOD then I have plenty of time to get those on while I wait.

I definitely will put the EVO skins on first. If I go with LOD then I have plenty of time to get those on while I wait.

You will need a floor jack for support. I think the front mounting hole is a 12mm x 50 bolt. I found them at advanced auto. If you are going to weld them you will only need one. You can use the transmission skid plate bold in the position and the 12mm x 50 bolt for the front for support while you weld.

R/
Will

MTG

Caught the Bug
EVO.

Only because I need 10 characters...

If you need a step go with LOD or EVO with a different angle.

seanb123

Call me crazy but I would love to have the rock slide engineering electronic ones. Would feel better trying to get not as nimble people in my jeep with them. If I had the coin I'd have em

Top Bottom