Big Bear Lake Area, Gold Mountain, John Bull, Holcomb Valley Run June 22-23 2013

MC2003TJ

I would like to invite anyone that would like to join me and my two boys on a weekend of camping and trailing. We will be driving up Friday night the 21st and staying at the Crab Flats campground near Green Valley Lake. Saturday morning around 9:00 am we will be heading over to the Discovery Center on the North side of Big Bear Lake and should arrive between 9:30-9:45 am. If anyone would like to meet us at the Discovery Center Saturday morning that would be great! We will leave the Discovery Center around 10:00 and head for the Gold Mountain trail. After Gold Mountain we will eat lunch at the entrance to the John Bull trail. Next we will run the John Bull trail. Then we will work our way back to Crab Flats via the Holcomb Valley trail. Sunday morning we will pack up and head out through Dishpan Springs and Deep Creek trail. We will then work our way around Lake Arrowhead and head towards Lake Silverwood. Our final trail will be 2N17X which is a pretty fun exit to a great weekend.

If you want to camp with us at Crab Flats you will need to make a reservation on Recreation.gov. As of yesterday there were still plenty of sites available.

This is a warm up for our summer trips to the Rubicon and the Dusy Ershim trails.

Hope to see you, Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom