Rubicon Trail July 19-20 2013

MC2003TJ

Hello everyone, I am planning a trip to the Rubicon for the above mentioned dates. I will be driving up from Southern California area (Los Angeles suburb) on Thursday July 18th and camping at Loon Lake that night. I am a solo Jeep and would like at least a couple of other capable Jeeps to travel this trail with me for safety. I have not been on the Rubicon since the year 2000 when I did it with my Dad. I had a 94' YJ and he had a 76 CJ5. It was absolutely Awesome! I plan to hit the trail no later than 9:00 am Friday morning and spending one night on the trail. We will finish the trail Saturday and spend the night in South Lake Tahoe.

Please let me know if you would like to join me and my two sons.

Regards,

Mike

Confirmed for the trip:
NightKrawler

Last edited:

NightKrawler

Sounds good to me! I went up there right after my build (about two weeks before they blew up little sluice box) and I haven't been back since so I've been looking for a group to go with.

MC2003TJ

Sounds good! Since you are in HB and I live in La Verne we can meet up in the morning on Thursday and travel North together if you want. I will put you on the list.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just want to make sure you guys know that this is the weekend that the Jeepers Jamboree guys prep the trail for the event the weekend after. Needless to say, there's typically a lot of traffic and coming from both directions. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

MC2003TJ

Thanks for the heads up Eddie. I wanted to run the trail before they close it for 3 weeks straight. I will let you know how it goes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the heads up Eddie. I wanted to run the trail before they close it for 3 weeks straight. I will let you know how it goes.

I'm sure you'll be fine, just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting yourself into is all. I've run the trail during that time once and got caught behind a long line of rigs for hours due to a busted drive shaft on a yota up ahead. Same was true getting out as there was a line of rigs bringing porta-potties down Cadillac Hill.

Top Bottom