Texan Jeeper

Jackal01

:standing wave:

Howdy, guys and gals. Been a long time lurker on here and WOL YT page (I spend most of my time on JeepForum, though). I have a '12 WK2 Laredo 4x4 although I wanted a JKUR but I couldn't at the time. Either way, I love my Jeep, Alice, and slowly working on the mods. It has a 2.5" lift, wheels, sires, Gibson exhaust, K&N intake and couple other random toys. Waiting for someone to make front (with winch mount) and rear bumpers (with spare carrier) for it. I love the Jeep community and I probably wave to more Jeeps than most other JKs on the road most of which don't wave back (modded and stock)! Oh well. I appreciate and love all the websites y'all run. I took a trip to CO last summer and went to Silverton (been there before that particular trip), stayed in the cabins they have north of town, then went to Animas Forks and did some trails around there. I didn't have recovery gear and was solo so I didn't go very deep into the mountains but Alice sure felt like she was at home as apposed to the flatland here in Houston! I regularly watch the WOL videos and wish I had a rig like many I see so I can meet and get to know y'all. Someday hopefully.

:drinks:

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0312_zpse6cf1769.jpg

Last edited:

Webe

Welcome

You'll just have to tag along one of the trips posted.We''l get you through.

Jackal01

That would be great. I am on a saving spree right now. I have a lot to buy before the end of this year. The misses and I want to go back and stay a lot longer in the mountains. I have a front and rear bumper to buy. A spare of my current size will not fit inside so a carrier is my only option. Then a winch. Of course a CB, which I have yet to find a good spot for it. I have been planning for the ARB single air compressor also. I prefer it to be OBA and not a portable unit. Then a roof rack and lastly a roof top tent. Of course some random things here and there: lights, sliders, etc.

Oh and thanks!

Webe

Tents

The roof tents are nice but they do add weight up high so depending on what kind of wheeling your are doing its something to think about. I'm building a little pull trailer and adding a roof top tent to it. I'll have about $2500 into it. Then I can set up a base camp to wheel from instead of resetting up every time.

Jackal01

I have considered that, also. I am nowhere near ready for that project but my main hurdle is wanting to setup a base camp then go wheeling for the day. I think I just accepted that I would rather just pack up and go as apposed to a trailer but now I am thinking...it is going to be a PITA to do that time after time.

Jackal01

Yup. I went to SHSU...traveled 45 regularly.

Sent from my Note 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom