Looking for a shop

Evilidea

So I am in the beginning stages of planning my JK build which should begin shortly after xmas this year. There are quite a few things that I am either unwilling or unqualified to DIY. I was hoping out of the 7000 some odd members here someone could suggest a good shop in my area. My guess is the Salt lake City area as I doubt SW Wyoming has any or I would have heard of them. This would include SLC, Provo, Ogden all that area as well as Evenston, Rock Springs / Green River. I have tried google searching but not getting what I am looking for maybe I should take the Bing challenge lol. Anyway if any of you are in these areas and have a good wrench turning welder etc etc give em a wayalife bump plz.

Webe

I came acrossed a fellow jeeper from Wyoming and I think the name of the place was Evolution 4x4 out of Casper, WY that he had his jeep done. They build body armor there as their main sale point but he had everything installed there.

Evilidea

I came acrossed a fellow jeeper from Wyoming and I think the name of the place was Evolution 4x4 out of Casper, WY that he had his jeep done. They build body armor there as their main sale point but he had everything installed there.

5-6hrs from Casper only 1.5 from SLC area. Thanks for the reply though I don't think Casper will work.:naw:

Speeddmn

What are you looking to have done that you cant tackle? There is a place here in Layton and another in Ogden, think it is called FatBob's or something. Depending on what you are willing to pay someone to do, you might be able to find another jeeper that can do it for beer and wings!

Evilidea

Well I think first off it will be EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger and likely LOD rear w/ carrier followed by a DTD lift and 35's. I am a miserable excuse for a mechanic but I am in love with driving, even overland. A 27 hr 3x 5 hr energy drive from ND to WY via yellowstone was one of the greatest 27hrs of my life. Seriously serious about being a miserable mechanic though. Ever since I did the NP231 conversion on My ZJ and added 2low as well to it in the dirt of my backyard I decided I would rather pay for most things to be done right than to ever go through that again. I had a good group of guys here in town who were my go to people but one ran off to Montana and another got moved by is job to BFE WY so now unless its a driveshaft , starter or something simple like that it's to the shop. I will look into FatBobs though as Ogden is close enough for me.

StrizzyChris

I can see paying for the DTD install, but save your money on the bumpers. I have a detailed writeup and picks of the 1/4 pounder install. Its super easy!

Atch

The 1/4 pounder with stinger is a breeze! All you need is a cutting device and some sockets and wrenches. DIY is the best way to learn about your rig so if something were to happen while you're driving you can fix it yourself!

Top Bottom