RubiCats suspension

MajorGreens

I have been dying to get a straight answer or even any info on rubicat on EVOs million FB photos, not one yet so i figured what better place then on here, anyone have any idea on what the whole kit included with the bolt on shocks and approximately what it would run for???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
NOT including the long arm kit as that would be sold separately, the new entry level evo bolt on coil over kit should retail around $3500 and that should include the brackets and coil overs. this coil over kit can be run on any suspension system but, i personally would recommend that you run it with an evo double D long arm kit or high clearance kit. the coil overs provide so much articulation that it will blow out standard clevite bonded rubber bushings.

Yeti-09

Hey Eddie, what control arms are you running? Jake said the high clearance kit wouldn't work with just a regular coil and shock lift and that you were running different control arms? and insight on that...

Prime8

388charlie said:
Hey Eddie, what control arms are you running? Jake said the high clearance kit wouldn't work with just a regular coil and shock lift and that you were running different control arms? and insight on that...

I hope that I can answer this question, as I think we are looking at the same setup. I called EVO the other day to see about getting the Double D with the high clearance brackets Eddie recommended. The guy at EVO said that you can't run the high clearance brackets without coilovers in the front and the EVO LEVER system in the rear. He said that was about a $12k setup... Hope that helps.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've seen this kit on the trail in person for two days in Moab. It's sweet, and you will be blown away at how low the center of gravity is with this kit running 37's. Rubicat on 37's sits lower than (or close to the same level as ) a lot of 4" kits I've seen on 35's. I can't speak for the price, but I know it will be substantially less than the full blown EVO coilover kit that is on Mobi. Honestly, besides the EVO lever highend kit, I don't think there is another lift that will touch this kit.

Thumbs up EVO...I think this one is going to be hard to keep in stock.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Prime8 said:
I hope that I can answer this question, as I think we are looking at the same setup. I called EVO the other day to see about getting the Double D with the high clearance brackets Eddie recommended. The guy at EVO said that you can't run the high clearance brackets without coilovers in the front and the EVO LEVER system in the rear. He said that was about a $12k setup... Hope that helps.

This new kit does NOT use the EVO lever. It's a completely different setup, and it can use the high clearance long arm EVO kit.

Prime8

Sharkey said:
This new kit does NOT use the EVO lever. It's a completely different setup, and it can use the high clearance long arm EVO kit.

Thanks Sharkey, can you post a link to the kit you're talking about please? Because the guy at EVO said I couldn't run high clearance brackets on the Double D long arm setup without LEVERing the rear end...

Yeti-09

Thanks Sharkey, can you post a link to the kit you're talking about please? Because the guy at EVO said I couldn't run high clearance brackets on the Double D long arm setup without LEVERing the rear end...

Same here, I called and talked to Jake about this. The High clearance long arm upgrade, is just that an upgrade for the evolever. For whatever reason it will not work with a standard spring and coil set up... I was told Eddie is running non EVO control arms on his rubicat. So I'm just gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and go all out!!! I'm gonna do the high clearance long arm kit with evo lever and front coil overs.. I live in Hawaii so I don't "need" the triple bypass shocks. Might see if I can run the brackets for the double d but just single coil overs, that way if I want to upgrade later I don't have to grind the other mounts off.... Im currently in Afghanistan right now on my forth tour, so thank you for paying taxes so I can lift my JKU lol...:beer::beer:

Prime8

If only I could actually choose where my taxes go, you'd have the whole setup in no time! Haha.

Hightower

I saw for myself Rubicat in action about a mouth ago and it ran insanely well right out of the shop It must be the most bad ass entry level kit ever made.

Prime8

Sharkey said:

Sharkey, still not clear what kit you're talking about... Is it a new kit they haven't put on their site yet...?

Prime8

Sharkey said:
Yes, I'm talking about the new kit that isn't up on EVO's site yet. It's the kit on Rubicat that is highlighted in the following link:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?607-RubiCAT-Gettin-EVO-d-UP

This is EVO's new bolt on, entry level coilover kit. It is NOT the same as the EVOlever kit on Moby.

Oh ok gotcha. That's where the confusion was. So, because its not out yet, EVO pretended like it didn't exist when both of us called asking for the long arm kit with high clearance brackets. Any idea when they will be releasing it?

Yeti-09

We're all talking about 2-3 different EVO products here. they make a 4" long arm kit, a high clearance long arm kit (must be used with coilover fronts and evo lever rear) , the enforcer, and now the entry level bolt on coil overs rubicat has....

MY original post was about the about Eddies control arms that he's running with the high clearance brackets, and entry level coil over set up.

I'm sure when Eddie gets back he can clear everything up for us...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

we are running EVO long arms. the high clearance long arm brackets are not intended for use with "regular" coils but, can be used with either the evo lever coil over system or their new soon to be released entry level bolt on coil over system. however, welding IS REQUIRED for the high clearance brackets and so, if you're looking for a complete "bolt on" application, these will not fit the bill.

this information was correct but, will be different once the new bolt on coil over system is released. again, the high clearance long arm brackets do require welding.

this is correct.

Same here, I called and talked to Jake about this. The High clearance long arm upgrade, is just that an upgrade for the evolever. For whatever reason it will not work with a standard spring and coil set up... I was told Eddie is running non EVO control arms on his rubicat. So I'm just gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and go all out!!! I'm gonna do the high clearance long arm kit with evo lever and front coil overs.. I live in Hawaii so I don't "need" the triple bypass shocks. Might see if I can run the brackets for the double d but just single coil overs, that way if I want to upgrade later I don't have to grind the other mounts off.... Im currently in Afghanistan right now on my forth tour, so thank you for paying taxes so I can lift my JKU lol...:beer::beer:

if you can afford it, the evo lever route is the way to go but, it is pricey.

Top Bottom