EVO manual sway bar disconnect

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I have the rubi E-disconnect and love its convenience. But have had a few times when dust or water had it not work. My question is, if I install the EVO manual will I lose the e-disco convenience. Or does it work so you have both choices. Thx

GCM 2

I have the rubi E-disconnect and love its convenience. But have had a few times when dust or water had it not work. My question is, if I install the EVO manual will I lose the e-disco convenience. Or does it work so you have both choices. Thx

You will lose the ability to electronically disconnect for good if you install the EVO manual disconnect. I have not missed the e-disco one bit.

Edit: you could always reinstall your electronics controller to the swaybar motor if you are not happy with the manual disconnect. That is if everything was working when you took it apart.

Last edited:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
You will lose the ability to electronically disconnect for good if you install the EVO manual disconnect. I have not missed the e-disco one bit.

Edit: you could always reinstall your electronics controller to the swaybar motor if you are not happy with the manual disconnect. That is if everything was working when you took it apart.

Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to switch to manual. E-disco to unpredictable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love the e-disco and, IF it were stable, I'd take it over the no-limits manual disconnect. Having said that, they do become unpredictable and frustrating to use and, when they get like that, I'd say it's time to go manual. It's what we run on Moby and I'm quite sure Rubicat will be getting one sooner than later as well.

Serg5000

When my e-disco goes south no limits is what I'm planning to run. Having the e-disco is sweet. But mine stopped working once. I just unplugged and re-plugged and its been great. However I know it's going out some day.

BoogieMan

So why is the e-disco so unpredictable? Does it short out over a period of time or is it something else?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So why is the e-disco so unpredictable? Does it short out over a period of time or is it something else?

Time and vibrations will cause the harness to loosen up just enough to allow water and dirt can get into the motor. Once this happens, the motor will short out. If this happens enough times, it will fry the motor. You can try to mitigate this by adding some silicon to the seal but, if you're wheeling a lot, there's only so much you can do to prevent it from going bad.

Top Bottom