New bumper

Conquest jeep

Looking into getting a new front bumper for my jk. Any suggestions on good looking, useful, and affordable? Not a fan of the shortys. Prefer the full width for some reason.

NathanM

Smittybilt.. Warrior offroad.. They make affordable stuff. First ones that come to mind

Sent from my SGH-I747M using WAYALIFE mobile app

Affordable is a very broad subject. I have the LOD Midwidth with the winch guard. Like the way it looks. Not sure if I have a pic with me. The Jeep is Jacksonville, FL and I am in Okinawa, Japan.

StrizzyChris

Thanks for the input guys. Was hoping to stay under $500 but have room to upgrade as I go.

If you are wanting a good base bumper with later stinger upgradeability I would say the EVO stubby, but you said you want a full width. I also really like the new Poison spider BFH front bumpers. I know smittybuilt and Rugged Ridge make modular bumpers that you can customize to your liking. I cant speak on the smitty, but I havent heard too much acclaim for their quality in DURABLE offroad equipment. It looks great but not sure about function. I had the RR and I will say that the stubby base was a quality winch mount bumper BUT all the attachments were total crap IMHO. The grill bar was really thin and weak steal. I also dont think the end caps, that make it full width, could take any impact at all without damaging the base or breaking off.

Conquest jeep

Cool, well with the info provided and some additional research I have actually decided to go with a stubby. Right now on the fence with the Evo, expedition one basic dx, or a possible custom one. Any experience with first two? Pros cons?

StrizzyChris

I have the EVO 1/4 pounder as well and its a BEAST! I cant say enough good things about it, but it isnt cheap if you are looking for complete bumper and stinger. the Expedition One bumper looks a lot like the Purejeep Bare Bonez setup that Eddie was running. Its super simple and sheds a ton of front end weight. But since you are back into the stubby market definitely go check out the poison spider BFH front bumper. I wish the winch was mounted low like EVO's for air flow into the grill, but its a sexy sturdy bumper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have run a lot of bumpers from full width to stubby and can tell you that if you wheel your Jeep on the rocks, a stubby is what you really want. Having said that, for the budget you have and desire to buy USA, I too would recommend the EVO or PUREJEEP Bare Bonez setup. That later is only about $300 and is all you really need.

main.php

Top Bottom