Ace engineering rock sliders

mikefishes

Has anyone used these? The price is tempting. I do realize they are made with 0.134 mild Steele. And they are mounted using three body mount locations. But I haven't been able to find any reviews that would make me want to stay away from them.
https://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=15
http://youtu.be/dAf9Oo3I7fU

I have them. They are great. My biggest issue is that they squeak like crazy (during normal driving) if you don't keep them torqued correctly. I spent two days trying to run down a suspension squeak to later discover that it was the rail being over-torqued.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard about the squeaking issue as well and that if hit hard, will deflect enough to hit your rocker panels and put a dent in them. But, in spit of that, most people who have them like them.

jkmadness

I have the 2 door version and i'm not too thrill about them,if i had to do it again i would go with any other rails welded onto the frame :twocents:

mikefishes

I've heard about the squeaking issue as well and that if hit hard, will deflect enough to hit your rocker panels and put a dent in them. But, in spit of that, most people who have them like them.

I don't expect you can remember every post you reply to, but you basically talked me "off the ledge" one day as I was trying to differentiate lift kits. I was ready to replace everything under the jeep to stop the squeaking (from what I believed to be the control arms) that was killing me. Long story short, it was the sliders. I think a hard hit actually deformed them slightly. When I loosened the bolts just a bit the jeep actually made a groaning/creaking noise and suddenly the squeaking was gone. Slowly, my squeak-addled brain has returned to sanity!

As an aside, I ordered the Enforcer lift you recommended in response to my original, if misguided, attempt to stop the noise.

Holeshot

Banned
I also took a look at the ace sliders!

But I will get the ones to weld on the frame. much stronger IMO.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I have beat the crap out of mine for two years. They work very well, But it you don't have Rubi rails on I would not use them. They do deflect a little upward and have rubbed my Rubi rails. The one nice thing about these versus weld on is that your able to remove them to do work. Made it much easier to put on my long arm and also side armor.

I also like the fact that they stick out a little more horizontal than some others. Makes a nice step and keeps you away from the rocks.

kRay.JK

My buddy has the 2-door weld-on version and loves them. I've personally witnessed him put them through heck and back. One of their employees posts over on /r/Jeep and says the weld-ons are the way to go. The bolt on version is a less-hardcore-version to be used in conjunction with rubi-rails. :twocents:

LN0BJFT.jpg

Top Bottom