Upgrade from YJ to TJ Rubicon or Modify YJ

pschem

Alright so I'm at a bit of a standstill and don't know where to go from here; I want to lock both my axles however I don't want to lock the stock dana 30/35 which would obviously mean upgrading to 44s. Is it worth my time/money to do this to my YJ or should I just look into upgrading to a TJ Rubicon? Pros? Cons? Opinions? Really any input at all would be appreciated haha

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Upgrade to the TJ. You'll be getting a coil suspension instead of the leaf springs which will be better both on and offroad also the rubicon will have the transfer case gearing. I would say that if it is in the budget to get a TJ then go for it everything about the jeep will be an upgrade from a YJ not just offroad. But the biggest upgrade would be getting rid of those square headlights. :)

pschem

Haha yeah those headlights could definitely use some upgrading, and I think I might be going all in... Might trade in the truck n the jeep for a JK Rubicon Unlimited... Well see though, the ole truck n I have been through a lot lol

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Going all in is exactly what I did 3 years ago when I got my JK. I had a daily driver and a built samurai and really wanted a new jeep. I sold both and put it down on a new JK Unlimited Rubicon. I have no regrets at all and even though I was really attached to my Sami I haven't ever thought twice about it. The new jeep is more comfortable on road and way more capable offroad. Now I'm slowly building my jeep the way I want it.

Top Bottom