Evo shipping and packaging needs to step it up !!!

mrmet1983

I want to start off by saying Evo products are fantastic. Now having said that their shipping and receiving is a joke !!! I hope Evo reps see this too. I ordered d ring rear bumper kit and rocker skins in may today I finally got my d rings and to my astonishment absolutely no brackets for on the outside of frame rails. Second I ordered my enforcer lift and the rear sway bar links had no bushing at all in the box. This is horrible I have ordered two times from Evo one is taking well over a Month for rocker skins which should never take that long to fabricate. Then I get my d rings without all the parts needed and my lift did not have all the parts as well. Now evo equipment is made in house and is second to none but their shipping and packaging is very sub par. To take a month to send two small items and then have them not be complete kits is pathetic especially since Evo products aren't cheap!! I will still buy Evo stuff but here are 2 very bad experiences and if Evo is reading this STEP UP YOUR GAME!!! People make plans on going on trips after installing ur products and pathetic shipping and packaging like this makes that very difficult. Rant over thanks for reading. Feel free to bash me but its just how I feel.

Sent from my JK

Sent from my JK

biggy

I had missing hardware for my corners and yes its frustrating I will give you that. Chris responded to my email right away though and had them shipped out right away.

mrmet1983

you might get an earful on this one.......

I have nothing against them I'm ready for the bashing lol i have been ordering parts for years now and this is just very sub par in my honest opinion. I just hope everyone realizes I love their products but the way they package and ship needs a major overhaul. Maybe they just need to hire more fabricators I don't know but this isn't right. I can say the customer service ladies are very nice but I shouldn't have to call because my kits don't contain all the pieces I need to put them on. This has happened with both of my Evo orders.

Sent from my JK

1yellowjk

I don't understand, if the guy spend good money on the product. Why does he have to get a earful?

Do a search for EVO, read and then answer your own question. They have a good group of followers on here and like any product/company if you bash them their fan base will speak up.
I have never delt with them, but there stuff is like a 70's pimp.....bada$$!;)

Skirmish

These ranting public bashing threads always remind me of those couples that air out their garbage on Facebook. I take my problem directly to the vendor. If they don't satisfy me I go to someone else. If someone asked me what my experience was with a specific vendor I would give them my opinion and the facts to back up my opinion. Starting a thread specifically to damage the reputation of a company is somewhat childish and unfair.

While I'm not one of the many EVO fans on this forum I wouldn't cry on the Internet if they missed something in a box. I would call them and base my opinion of them on how they resolved the issue.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have nothing against them I'm ready for the bashing lol i have been ordering parts for years now and this is just very sub par in my honest opinion. I just hope everyone realizes I love their products but the way they package and ship needs a major overhaul. Maybe they just need to hire more fabricators I don't know but this isn't right. I can say the customer service ladies are very nice but I shouldn't have to call because my kits don't contain all the pieces I need to put them on. This has happened with both of my Evo orders.

Sent from my JK

yea i hear you. i have only ordered one thing from them so far (my key chain lol) and just placed my orders for sliders and gussets yesterday. i have no experience obviously with there stuff being shipped with missing parts. this is why there needs to be a East Coast ORE so we can drive to it lol but really they should think about that :D

I don't understand, if the guy spend good money on the product. Why does he have to get a earful?

oh i wasnt saying he should i was just saying he might from people. you never know how people will react to somethings sometimes

BoogieMan

Do a search for EVO, read and then answer your own question. They have a good group of followers on here and like any product/company if you bash them their fan base will speak up.
I have never delt with them, but there stuff is like a 70's pimp.....bada$$!;)

That still doesn't answer my question. I understand that EVO make good products but still doesn't make sense that EVO made a mistake. That goes back to why that people will give a earful to the paying customer?

mrmet1983

I knew this wud start a war but if u read my posts I absolutely love Evo products I just think I shouldn't have to call and have things sent to me because they can't put a complete order together if that makes me a jerk so be it. This post is here so that other people ordering from Evo know that if you are planning on doing some Evo installs on the weekend you better be prepared to get a ride to work on Monday if they forget something like I had to do today.

Sent from my JK

BoogieMan

I knew this wud start a war but if u read my posts I absolutely love Evo products I just think I shouldn't have to call and have things sent to me because they can't put a complete order together if that makes me a jerk so be it. This post is here so that other people ordering from Evo know that if you are planning on doing some Evo installs on the weekend you better be prepared to get a ride to work on Monday if they forget something like I had to do today.

Sent from my JK

I'm not trying to start a war at all. I know EVO produce great parts but the question still havent been answered. I want people to keep ordering EVO parts, but you haven't answer my question.

mrmet1983

These ranting public bashing threads always remind me of those couples that air out their garbage on Facebook. I take my problem directly to the vendor. If they don't satisfy me I go to someone else. If someone asked me what my experience was with a specific vendor I would give them my opinion and the facts to back up my opinion. Starting a thread specifically to damage the reputation of a company is somewhat childish and unfair.

While I'm not one of the many EVO fans on this forum I wouldn't cry on the Internet if they missed something in a box. I would call them and base my opinion of them on how they resolved the issue.

Well first I did call them and they sent everything right out which they should!! My problem is that since I did this on the weekend I had an undriveable jeep because I can't get parts over nighted on the weekend. It's a mistake but it's now happened to both my orders.

Sent from my JK

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok, I understand. But its still odd that people will still problems with the situation.

well as someone said before back on the first page people are loyal to things and if you trash it in any sort of way people will come at you for it.

mrmet1983

I'm not trying to start a war at all. I know EVO produce great parts but the question still havent been answered. I want people to keep ordering EVO parts, but you haven't answer my question.

That wasn't directed at you at all. I don't know why people get so bent out of shape when someone complains about something. I made it clear I love their stuff and that the customer service girls were very happy to help me, but if you are doing this on the weekend and have to wait till Monday afternoon for the parts your missing than like me you have no way to work Monday.

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

well as someone said before back on the first page people are loyal to things and if you trash it in any sort of way people will come at you for it.

I know some people will blame me for this or say I'm "crying" and that's fine with me that's why I posted it on a public forum. Just don't want someone to make the same mistake as me and not literally go through every single bolt and nut to make sure you have everything before you start.

Sent from my JK

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
they are slow, esp with the high demand they have anymore. I have had no issues with any shipments other than just having to wait for things which I usually plan for. I had missing parts for my tire carrier (genright) which i was able to get locally but still all it took was a phone call to fix things and I didnt have to make a thread about it. Everyone makes mistakes no matter who the company is from time to time. Also always a good idea to make sure you have everything needed when your dealing with your daily driver. I used to be lucky and have at least 2 vehicles to drive just incase, but not anymore.

Skirmish

Well first I did call them and they sent everything right out which they should!! My problem is that since I did this on the weekend I had an undriveable jeep because I can't get parts over nighted on the weekend. It's a mistake but it's now happened to both my orders.

Sent from my JK

Well, you didn't mention that you called or how they handled it. That would be the childish part. Pout and stomp and only tell your side of the story hoping to start a war on a forum to get attention. I've read enough instructions to know that you should always check to see if you have all of the parts and understand them before starting. I also believe in personal responsibility so blaming EVO for needing a ride because you didn't check the parts doesn't stand up in my book.

Do you feel better?

Here is what I dont understand, if you were missing something, why not pick up the phone and call Jake, Chris or even Mel for that matter. I would be willing to bet that your issue would have been resolved in about 15 seconds. But you found it necessary to come on here and bash them (ya ya, you like the product...). While I understand your frustration, airing your issue in an open forum is not the way to go about fixing them. Whether it be EVO or LoD or PSC or Rancho or whomever you buy your stuff from, there is going to be an issue from time to time. This is why you open boxes when you get them and do a complete inventory and inspection of products prior to installing, to allow for any missing hardware to be shipped out to you.

I have ordered a number of products from EVO directly and ORE (you must remember that these ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY) and I have never had any issue with anything I have received. I recently ordered my EVO Rock Skins with the knowledge that I will get them when they are ready. This happens when you buy some of the best products on the market. LoD and PSC are exactly the same way, things are sometimes out of stock and they are not going to adjust their manufacturing process to please Jim from Temecula?!?!?! Just be patient it will be okay!!!

Once again, I hope you feel better.....

BoogieMan

That wasn't directed at you at all. I don't know why people get so bent out of shape when someone complains about something. I made it clear I love their stuff and that the customer service girls were very happy to help me, but if you are doing this on the weekend and have to wait till Monday afternoon for the parts your missing than like me you have no way to work Monday.

Sent from my JK

I wasn't bent at all. I just asked a question.

Top Bottom