Bothered - wheel size with 35s prepping for 37s

Paws

Currently wheels and tires are stock on a 2011 JKU with RK 3.5 lift. So I know I can run 35x12.5x17 on stock rims with 1.5 in spacers.

I know I can get new rims and run the recommended 37x13.5x17 on after market 9inch width wheel with 4.5 inch backspace and possibly adjust my steering stops with washers.

I don't want to adjust my steering stops, I don't want to run wheel spacers, and I want to have the option to run 35s and move up to 37s with no add ons. Minus the gussets/sleeves/fender trim.

I think I'm looking for a 17 inch wheel with 4 of backspacing but can't seem to find anything.

What are my options and has anyone else run across this ? Is there another size rim you recommend?

Last edited:

Paws

It does help but the problem Is finding these rims with that backspacing. Who makes a decent rim like this. I don't think I would make use of bead lock wheels.

I like the Mickey Thompson classic 2 and 3 but they didn't have that backspace. Or even the crager soft 8s but I didn't see them in a 17 inch rim.

Paws

I guess I am picky but don't want to do this twice. I meant to ask the guys at the last meet and greet but forgot. To much booze ;)

I run 17" x 9" but my 37"s are only 12.5" and not 13.5" ... Are you looking at picking up Mud Grapplers?

What about some 4.5 BS and run 1" spacers? this might allow you to go from the 13.5" Mud to a 12.5" Trail.... options???

Paws

I run 17" x 9" but my 37"s are only 12.5" and not 13.5" ... Are you looking at picking up Mud Grapplers?

What about some 4.5 BS and run 1" spacers? this might allow you to go from the 13.5" Mud to a 12.5" Trail.... options???

Looking at toyo mts 35x12.5 or 37x13.5.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I've got 4.75" of backspace on my Pro-Comps and the 37x12.5" Trail Grapplers and only have a slight rubbing issue on the passenger. I bet there wouldn't be an issue with 35s.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

mrmet1983

It does help but the problem Is finding these rims with that backspacing. Who makes a decent rim like this. I don't think I would make use of bead lock wheels.

I like the Mickey Thompson classic 2 and 3 but they didn't have that backspace. Or even the crager soft 8s but I didn't see them in a 17 inch rim.

I got these from DTD ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371612853.747418.jpg
On 35s ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371612869.753581.jpg

Sent from my JK

Top Bottom