Can I disable the hill start assist?

alpinhi

I really don't like the hill start assist on my 09 JKUR. I ended up killing the engine the other day because it didn't release fast enough. It was pretty embarrassing and almost got me rear ended. Is there a way to disable it? Does the procal or flashpaq have a option to disable it? One other question is it disabled when you are in low range? Any info or help would be great!
Thanks

SDG

Caught the Bug
I really don't like the hill start assist on my 09 JKUR. I ended up killing the engine the other day because it didn't release fast enough. It was pretty embarrassing and almost got me rear ended. Is there a way to disable it? Does the procal or flashpaq have a option to disable it? One other question is it disabled when you are in low range? Any info or help would be great!
Thanks

Should be covered in the manual, I was able to disable mine through the electronic controls where the mpg and all that stuff is displayed. I would just find an online copy of your manual, there is no special external device required as far as I know.

Thanks

On my 11JKU I disabled mine in the personal settings option.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just take your foot off the brake faster and drive it like its not there. I have never had an issue with mine.

And no it's not disabled while in low range and actually helps.

mtnbiker995

Thanks

No the chips don't have the option to disable. But it is in the manual! I disabled mine after about a month cause I couldn't stand it

Benito

Caught the Bug
In my 2013 it is enabled but works when it wants, I was trying to demonstrate it to my friend when it me 4 attempts to see it work, needless to say it doesn't bother me

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
i used the steering wheel controls in personal settings to disable mine, may try it offroad tho after what overlander said

Holeshot

Banned
I didnt like it either with my previous setup (3.73 gears and manual tranny) but not im 4,88 and its a world of difference. now it works fine with the setup.

Top Bottom