New guy from S. Corona

Cole Trickle

Afternoon,

My name is Brandin and this here is my first jeep.

Over the past couple years I have owned/built some modified sxs to use as my family off road play toy. With the recent law changes outlawing kids in the rear of modified sxs's I decided it was time to build a jeep for the family.

I started investigating what I wanted at the first of the year. I have been around jeeps and built up a XJ for my dad so i'm familiar with the good and bads that come with owning a jeep. I learned a long time ago to do it right and do it once when building a project. I knew I wanted a 4 door, I knew I wanted an automatic for off road use and I knew I had to get a rubicon as it's a great starting platform.

I struggled with options for a while and once I had those nailed down I struggled with color. I was all set to order the new Dune color and went down and saw one of the first delivered in so cal. As soon as I saw it I knew it wouldn't work and it was no where near dark/military enough for my liking. My back up color was Billet but I knew this would be a very common color for the 2013 Wranglers. This is going to sound strange but I think my desire to own a new rubicon spread to other members of the family. My sister and father in law decided to get in the game and we bought 3 2013 JKUR on the same day and my father in law was getting Billet regardless if I was or not...lol

With that said I went another direction:D

My goal was/is to build a trail capale rig that would still be a comfortable driver. I'm not really into trailering my toys so I needed something with good onroad manners that would also do trails in Moab or the Rubicon with out a ton of issues.

With the help of friends in the industry I compiled a list and Started ordering parts. I purchased the jeep on 3/15 and my goal was to have it finished for the 2013 Big Bear Forest Fest this past weekend 6/15/2013.

BTW I do all my own wrenching at home in the garage....

Suspension

Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor
Rock Krawler Bump Stops front and rear
RRD Remote Resevoir shocks

Drive Shafts

Adams 1310 Front and rear

Rims

Procomp 7036 (Helldorado) 17" rims

Tires

35" Toyo Open Country MT

Bumpers/Armor-Poison Spyder

Brawler Lite Mid Width with Brawler bar
Mid Width Skid Plate
Rock Brawler II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (jack mount,license plate relocation and l.e.d.back up lights)
4 Door Brawler Rockers (steel)
Extreme Duty Cross member
Evap Skidplate
Dana 44 Bomb Shell Diff Covers (2)

Artec Truss

Electrical/Lighting

Spod
10" l.e.d. (Poison Spyder front bumper mount))
4" Rigid led x2 (Poison Spyder A pillar brackets)

Recovery

Warn Zeon 10s
48" High Lift Jack
Straps/misc

Communication

Cobra 75WXST
3' Fire Stick Antenna

OBA

Jeepswag Viar 400 Compressor with 2012+ Dominion mount

Lets just say I have been very busy over the past couple months getting this rig put together but with the exception of the CB everything was completed and worked flawless:icon_crazy::cheesy:

I chose to run Dishpan this past weekend with a couple buddies. This is a good trail to jump into for a newbie if you want to test out our jeep with 2500 miles on the odometer. Nothing like sliding down a 10' waterfall with your passenger door inches from a huge bolder...haha

Overall the jeep performed great and the RK suspension kept the keep planted and flexed like crazy. I am going to upgrade the front steering peices with the Currie stuff as I bent my tie rod pretty good.:brows:

I hope to see the locals out on the trail and tag along on some adventures:)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 8612_10200092712902998_270147879_n.jpg
    8612_10200092712902998_270147879_n.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 1013936_10200092704062777_1865652156_n.jpg
    1013936_10200092704062777_1865652156_n.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 77
  • 1011809_10200092704222781_1063063510_n.jpg
    1011809_10200092704222781_1063063510_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 945910_10200092720143179_1598291157_n.jpg
    945910_10200092720143179_1598291157_n.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 972264_10200092760744194_1120400074_n.jpg
    972264_10200092760744194_1120400074_n.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 80

mikefishes

Afternoon,

My name is Brandin and this here is my first jeep.

Over the past couple years I have owned/built some modified sxs to use as my family off road play toy. With the recent law changes outlawing kids in the rear of modified sxs's I decided it was time to build a jeep for the family.

I started investigating what I wanted at the first of the year. I have been around jeeps and built up a XJ for my dad so i'm familiar with the good and bads that come with owning a jeep. I learned a long time ago to do it right and do it once when building a project. I knew I wanted a 4 door, I knew I wanted an automatic for off road use and I knew I had to get a rubicon as it's a great starting platform.

I struggled with options for a while and once I had those nailed down I struggled with color. I was all set to order the new Dune color and went down and saw one of the first delivered in so cal. As soon as I saw it I knew it wouldn't work and it was no where near dark/military enough for my liking. My back up color was Billet but I knew this would be a very common color for the 2013 Wranglers. This is going to sound strange but I think my desire to own a new rubicon spread to other members of the family. My sister and father in law decided to get in the game and we bought 3 2013 JKUR on the same day and my father in law was getting Billet regardless if I was or not...lol

With that said I went another direction:D

My goal was/is to build a trail capale rig that would still be a comfortable driver. I'm not really into trailering my toys so I needed something with good onroad manners that would also do trails in Moab or the Rubicon with out a ton of issues.

With the help of friends in the industry I compiled a list and Started ordering parts. I purchased the jeep on 3/15 and my goal was to have it finished for the 2013 Big Bear Forest Fest this past weekend 6/15/2013.

BTW I do all my own wrenching at home in the garage....

Suspension

Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor
Rock Krawler Bump Stops front and rear
RRD Remote Resevoir shocks

Drive Shafts

Adams 1310 Front and rear

Rims

Procomp 7036 (Helldorado) 17" rims

Tires

35" Toyo Open Country MT

Bumpers/Armor-Poison Spyder

Brawler Lite Mid Width with Brawler bar
Mid Width Skid Plate
Rock Brawler II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (jack mount,license plate relocation and l.e.d.back up lights)
4 Door Brawler Rockers (steel)
Extreme Duty Cross member
Evap Skidplate
Dana 44 Bomb Shell Diff Covers (2)

Artec Truss

Electrical/Lighting

Spod
10" l.e.d. (Poison Spyder front bumper mount))
4" Rigid led x2 (Poison Spyder A pillar brackets)

Recovery

Warn Zeon 10s
48" High Lift Jack
Straps/misc

Communication

Cobra 75WXST
3' Fire Stick Antenna

OBA

Jeepswag Viar 400 Compressor with 2012+ Dominion mount

Lets just say I have been very busy over the past couple months getting this rig put together but with the exception of the CB everything was completed and worked flawless:icon_crazy::cheesy:

I chose to run Dishpan this past weekend with a couple buddies. This is a good trail to jump into for a newbie if you want to test out our jeep with 2500 miles on the odometer. Nothing like sliding down a 10' waterfall with your passenger door inches from a huge bolder...haha

Overall the jeep performed great and the RK suspension kept the keep planted and flexed like crazy. I am going to upgrade the front steering peices with the Currie stuff as I bent my tie rod pretty good.:brows:

I hope to see the locals out on the trail and tag along on some adventures:)

Welcome to Wayalife. Thats a nice looking rig. :standing wave:

Moochie

Welcome Brandin! Nice first post. Congrats on the new Jeep. It looks like all your hard work has created a sweet ride. :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome to Wayalife! greet looking rig! love the color and the paint matching armor!

KPM171

Welcome! I like that stance with the wheel/tire/suspension combo. Looks good! :standing wave:

Welcome to WayaLife ! That was quite the trail to test your brand new rig on. Nice rig you put together, I can feel for what you did in that short time frame as my wife got her billet JKUR in Feb. and have installed almost the same listed items (thanks for reassuring me that my choices were good) and it was a lot shop time but it was fun to do and would do it again and still am.
Have fun and keep up the great project! You Rock. :rock::rock:

Cole Trickle

Welcome to the WAYALIFE family! :standing wave:

:rock:

Welcome to Wayalife:thumb:Nice Rig

:cool:

Welcome to WayaLife ! That was quite the trail to test your brand new rig on. Nice rig you put together, I can feel for what you did in that short time frame as my wife got her billet JKUR in Feb. and have installed almost the same listed items (thanks for reassuring me that my choices were good) and it was a lot shop time but it was fun to do and would do it again and still am.
Have fun and keep up the great project! You Rock. :rock::rock:

The PS and RK parts all fit great and I have no doubt there made for the long haul. Thankfully friends in the industry helped me with the pricing becuse nothing great comes cheap...lol

I have built enough cars/trucks to know its important to do it right the first time. I also do what I can to support US based companies.

Post some pics of your wifes rubi:):beer:

Yea, i liked the RK kit, well built, and the Poison Spyder bumpers have the looks with the good angles they've detailed in them. Here's a couple of shots and you can see a couple more on PS web site on the RB Front Mid length gallery... http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Brawler-MID-Front-Bumper-w-Brawler-Bar-Bare-p/17-63-010-b.htm (the ones with the catcus in the background). I ordered the same PS rear but the tire carrier hit my tailgate handle, even slid all the way out on the mounting, so I returned it. haven't found another one to buy yet.

Attachments

• DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 34

Cole Trickle

Yea, i liked the RK kit, well built, and the Poison Spyder bumpers have the looks with the good angles they've detailed in them. Here's a couple of shots and you can see a couple more on PS web site on the RB Front Mid length gallery... http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Brawler-MID-Front-Bumper-w-Brawler-Bar-Bare-p/17-63-010-b.htm (the ones with the catcus in the background). I ordered the same PS rear but the tire carrier hit my tailgate handle, even slid all the way out on the mounting, so I returned it. haven't found another one to buy yet.

nice jeep....

weird on the rear bumper? Was that the original RB with the swing away or there new bumper that ties into the gate for easy opening?

I didn't have any issues with any of my PS gear fit and finish wise but I thought there directions were kind of crappy and hard to follow.

It was the older style that is supported and latches only on the bumper. They said they had a couple of 2013 with the same issue. The front fit was perfect. I had to laugh also on your description that the CB didn't get finished...mine is sitting in the box at the shop door as I didn't get to that list item during the last weekend as I was still working on the Viair OBA project.

Top Bottom