Washing powder coated bumpers?

Tranquillity

Just wondering what do you use? I've never been able to bring them back to that black wet mint condition... Any tips?

MrJ3sser

I can't speak for your bumper, but on my rear Smittybilt bumper I can't get it back to that like-new state either. I decided that its just a crappy finish on a cheap bumper. But on my front PSC bumper that I had powder coated locally, it cleans up perfectly when I wash the Jeep normally. But your mileage might vary.

MrJ3sser

Sadly yes. I have thought about taking my Smittybilt in to get sandblasted and re powder coated to ensure a good finish and so my two bumpers match perfectly but haven't got around to it yet. I'm also not sure if its even worth it as I may want to get a different rear bumper and tire carrier in the future.

EVO MFG

I always use 303, cleans all plastic, paint, and the soft top! You can see on the bumper where it's not applied. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371684539.700374.jpg

Last edited:

WesterM3

cleaning

If it's muddy I always have to go over the bumpers with something like armor all or meguiars vinyl protectant, not only does it bring it back to shiny black, but it protects it from the elements. Been doing for way over a year and I swear by it.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Vynilex works very well for my textured black rampage bumper. No matter the brand, powdercoating powder is UV sensitive and will ash over time. UV resistant powdercoating is expensive and isn't used by manufacturers. Just treat it with something like 303, Vynilex, etc, and it should look nice and black without being greasy. Works for glossy and textured powdercoat.

Top Bottom