Jk over heating..... Please help...

Looking for someone that is a mechanic or works at a dealer. Having some over heating issues and want to get rid of it... Replaced the radiator fan motor and thermostat and now it still overheats..

Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TmansTj

Is your cooling fan kicking on and off like it should . Have you checked your fuses in your fuse relay box ?

Tackerdown

Banned
you have a 2010 and you live in FL are you sure your coil isn't clogged. muddy / sandy water will clog them up fast.

Here the deal... Went through a mud whole in pa this weekend... Fan shut off and fuse popped... Washed everything thoroughly!! Changed fuse and it popped again and fan died... Replaced fan motor and still over heated... A few days after I replaced the thermostat thinking that was the problem... Slowed the heating up down but still heats up... Now my fan stays on hi and the jeep still over heats.., I didn't check to see if it's the relay but I made sure the radiator and condenser are both cleaned out.. No codes except for the p0455 Evap...

Tackerdown

Banned
wasn't rausch creek was it? I can tell you my 6.0 Chevy had to be pumped by the garage due to it getting air locked when I replaced my water pump. they said that the water pump just can't get all the air out and you need an external pump to do it. just a thought besides what they said.
edit ; I should also note that we just replaced my sons water pump on his 2009 jku and didnt have any trouble.

wasn't rausch creek was it? I can tell you my 6.0 Chevy had to be pumped by the garage due to it getting air locked when I replaced my water pump. they said that the water pump just can't get all the air out and you need an external pump to do it. just a thought besides what they said.
edit ; I should also note that we just replaced my sons water pump on his 2009 jku and didnt have any trouble.

It was at bantam jeep festival which was built by Rausch creek..

TmansTj

Just a tip for future use - if you do allot of mudding or creak crossing you can get some dielectric grease at your local parts store in the little packets for a buck or two and pull your relays and connectors on your fans or whatever and coat the ends and plug em back in - keeps water from getting in and shorting or grounding out the circuit or relay

Just a tip for future use - if you do allot of mudding or creak crossing you can get some dielectric grease at your local parts store in the little packets for a buck or two and pull your relays and connectors on your fans or whatever and coat the ends and plug em back in - keeps water from getting in and shorting or grounding out the circuit or relay

Thank you!! Not going to do a lot now but good moving forward!

TmansTj

Sounds like a bad relay to me - or your temp switch on your fan could have shorted and not working correctly

Tackerdown

Banned
I hope you get this figured out. If you do and want to go to Rausch Creek we have a group going the 29th and 30th this month.

TmansTj

http://www.denlorstools.com/shop/images/Fan_Module.jpg

Here is a link to the coolant fan control module - as to what it looks like . Sounds like yours is bad - causes the same symptoms your describing . Usually located on the passenger side behind front bumper by headlight assembly . Check relay also but I'm betting this module is bad . Takes longer to get to it than replace it . Ask your dealer or google it to find exact location .

TmansTj

Jeeps that have both fans, may not show signs of overheating unless being operated in extreme conditions. Conditions like pulling heavy loads or being driven hard in mid summer heat; Jeeps that do not have the benefit of the extra cooling fan will show signs of overheating much quicker if the fan motor stops working for any reason. The electric cooling fan is designed to come on when the vehicle reaches operating temperature or when the A/C is turned on. With the AC selected, the computer will command the fan to come on. It’s best to check the two wire harness that is attached to the passenger side of the fan shroud for power and ground. If using a power probe tester, the harness can be unplugged and power and ground supplied to check fan operation. If the fan works but there is no power being supplied normally, it’s a good possibility that the cooling fan control module has stopped working (open circuit).

TmansTj

Well most relays are 5-10$ at parts stores . And if you drive up to one and pull relay and take it in they can test it and tell you if it's good or not . Oriellys or autozone both have done this for years at know charge

Top Bottom