Teraflex crd60 rears

GCM 2

Only one...

Out of all the people I have wheeled with over the years, the Discount Tire rig is the only one I have ever known to run both front and rear Teraflex CRD60 axles. The owner of the rig has never had any negative comments about the axles, he does a run a 6.1L Hemi in it too.

1016523_596369537050348_1649179931_n.jpg

StrizzyChris

What are your plans? If I were to invest in D60's just make sure you get full float rears no matter what company makes them. I know that when I talked to Currie they sent me a great price, but it wasnt for full float. When adjusted for all the options that I was quoted from Dynatrac, then the deal wasnt nearly as good and made them in the same price range which is ok.

I am not pro one company vs another since I havent experienced anyone's D60 but just know what you are ordering and dont assume one company is better in price until you compare products quoted side by side(lockout hubs, stub hubs, 8lug vs 5x5.5, axle shafts being used, aftermarket brakes vs re-using stock jk brakes, etc).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, there's this to consider...

Also, I would be the first to admit that I am definitely PRO Dyantrac because their axles are designed better, made beefier and MADE IN THE USA as opposed to just assembled here with Chinese parts like TeraFlex's D60. A semi-float rear axle will be fine for most people running 37's but, if you want to run 40's, I would highly recommend a full float setup and the Dynatrac ProRock 60 is about as good as it comes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha! I didn't want to be the one to do that. I was trying answer the question, without really answering the question. ;)

Well, what I said is just my opinion, what do i know. for all i care, people can take it or leave it. :yup:

GCM 2

Well, what I said is just my opinion, what do i know. for all i care, people can take it or leave it. :yup:

The interesting thing to me is that the CRD60 has been out for how many years now???? I only know of Mark that runs it, I can't recall anyone else on any trail run over the years that has had the axle set. Kind of makes you wonder why.....and then to top that isn't Teraflex offering a heavy duty Dana 30 axle? I did not know there was a market for an axle upgrade that fits between a stock 30 and a stock 44 :idontknow: Strange.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
The interesting thing to me is that the CRD60 has been out for how many years now???? I only know of Mark that runs it, I can't recall anyone else on any trail run over the years that has had the axle set. Kind of makes you wonder why.....and then to top that isn't Teraflex offering a heavy duty Dana 30 axle? I did not know there was a market for an axle upgrade that fits between a stock 30 and a stock 44 :idontknow: Strange.

I've seen a few TF axles on JK's probably close to same amount I've seen of Dynatrac's on JK's at least out on the trail, however I've never been on JK Experience. Going on JKX would throw that ratio off pretty quick. ;) I saw a few of TF axles at KOH on spectator rigs, but they could have been TF employee rigs. :idontknow:.

When I think of axles, Currie and Dynatrac come to mind. I run both. :yup:

Dynatrac Sales that put it into perspective for me a few years back... "When you want to buy and axle, you don't call up a suspension company, do you?"

Tattedfire

I've seen a few TF axles on JK's probably close to same amount I've seen of Dynatrac's on JK's at least out on the trail, however I've never been on JK Experience. Going on JKX would throw that ratio off pretty quick. ;) I saw a few of TF axles at KOH on spectator rigs, but they could have been TF employee rigs. :idontknow:.

When I think of axles, Currie and Dynatrac come to mind. I run both. :yup:

Dynatrac Sales that put it into perspective for me a few years back... "When you want to buy and axle, you don't call up a suspension company, do you?"

Haha well said!! With that being said I went with Dynatrac because of their reputation, how the axle is built and most importantly made in the USA!!!

Top Bottom