TJ lift build questions.

Seanalanmeador2

I have a 3.5 rancho rock crawler lift with 1 1/4 teraflex coil boosters. JKS sway disconnectors, drop pitman and adjustable trackbar. My question is this I should only need springs and adjustable Upper and lower arms to increase to a 4-6" lift correct?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"Need" is a relative term. 4"-6" is A LOT of lift and one that will not only throw off your center of gravity by quite a bit, it will also change your suspension geometry where it adversely effects your ride quality. At that height, you really should look into do a long arm kit. Also, unless you're okay with dropping your transfer case big time, you really need to install a slip yoke eliminator and CV drive shaft and with it, you will need adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle.

my old tj had a 4" spring lift with additional boosters and short arms. it road like crap. i made my own tcase lowering brackets and did the cheap hack and tack slip yoke eliminator. it drove a lil better but still had issues.

if i could do it over again i would of done the longarm kit and the correct slipyoke eliminator. plus it looks alot better.

Seanalanmeador2

I'm sorry but maybe I should have given a little more insight to my situation also. Thanks for the help this far.

I am running 35x12.50r17 kumo road venture MTs now and I do have a slip yoke eliminator and just bought a 1 1/4 body lift. I'm not trying to go huge and it rides surprisingly well now. I would just really prefer to gain an inch which my body lift will do. I was considering achieving 2 goals.

1 a little more lift ( I know this never ends)

And

2 getting rid of the budget boost puck and replacing it with all spring hopefully proving a softer ride.

I'm not aginst keeping it the way it is and my bump stocks are properly set. It's a very capable LOW center of gravity rig. I would just like a softer ride and a little more travel.

After the body lift and a ml and a tummy tuck it may meet all my needs. I've never had to turn back an a trail or not been able to follow bigger rigs.

The arbs and the lift I do got accomplished that.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372125661.700132.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372125678.577815.jpg

Top Bottom