No more powder coating from Evo on sliders

13JKUR

Just like the title says, I just ordered my evo sliders and was informed that they are not doing any powder coating on the sliders anymore. I still ordered them but does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use to coat them? I would like powder coating but don't really feel like spending a ton of money on that procedure. Tips, suggestions, pictures?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just like the title says, I just ordered my evo sliders and was informed that they are not doing any powder coating on the sliders anymore. I still ordered them but does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use to coat them? I would like powder coating but don't really feel like spending a ton of money on that procedure. Tips, suggestions, pictures?

i ordered mine a week ago. i hope they still powdercoat it for me.

some spray on beadliner should do the trick. thats what i have heard people do for there bumpers plus it would be easy to touch up.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What??? Chris have you heard anything about this?

I am a couple weeks out from ordering my skins and sliders....

13JKUR

What??? Chris have you heard anything about this?

I am a couple weeks out from ordering my skins and sliders....

I was surprised also, placed the order and got a call back from Sean at northridge 15 minutes later stating that's what evo told him.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I was surprised also, placed the order and got a call back from Sean at northridge 15 minutes later stating that's what evo told him.

Hmmm I will call Jake at ORE to confirm.

As far as price I believe the powdercoated was $75. That will save you.

silverbackjk

I got mine from them a while back and the powder coating job was not done very well. All the weld seems started to have small amounts of rust very fast and I live in California so no harsh winters. I have a powder place that does a much better job than the guys Evo sends there to. It is not that expensive try to find a place that does it for non auto industry and it is a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
From the site it looks like they just made powder an option. Seems to be same price if powder and -75 for bare.

mrmet1983

I wud just use some textured black paint and do at least 3 coats . This kind of upsets me because I was going to order mine soon and now I might go a different route. I hate when companies don't offer powder coating I'd rather lay Evo the extra money to have them do it before they ship but I guess that's not an option.

Sent from my JK

JAGS

Hooked
I wud just use some textured black paint and do at least 3 coats . This kind of upsets me because I was going to order mine soon and now I might go a different route. I hate when companies don't offer powder coating I'd rather lay Evo the extra money to have them do it before they ship but I guess that's not an option.

Sent from my JK

Pay the $75 and get them powder coated then. Same pricing as before.

Most people that have had sliders for any period of time usually end up taking a rattle can too them anyways. Seems part of routine touch ups from scrapes and rust prevention.

StrizzyChris

Of course its all personal opinion, but I'd save the cash and rattle can bedline em. My front bumper is already rusting around the EVO CNC markings from not having a good powder coating.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It's definitely all in the prep. I powercoated some suspension parts years ago from a company that specialized in powercoating...no rust, or flaking.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just rattle can them. If you wheel your jeep you'll be touching them up anyway. :thumb:

borracho

Just got home to this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372121584.281433.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372121596.409331.jpg

Which is probably one reason they don't want to PC stuff anymore before shipping out. Not really what I wanted to see after waiting for these for 7+weeks. Not to mention half the mounting hardware fell out.

jeeeep

Hooked
not worth the hassle to file a claim - they'll just say it wasn't properly packaged.
besides, that part looks like a non visible part - touch it up with Rustoleum black texture you'll never notice it.

Marauder

Second. UPS has posted guidelines on how to pack items for shipments. I had that issue already and a little flat black rustoleum sorted that out.

Top Bottom