Egr replacement

siglinux

Just had the egr valve replaced on my 2009 Sahara. As I was driving
home i noticed a shudder in 3rd and 4th gears. The next day I went
out for a ride and check engine light came back on. I am wondering
if anyone else has had EGR issues.

Also error code I am getting now is a P0303 and yes I have new spark plugs.

Thanks,

JS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I don't know of anyone who's had issues with their EGR valve. Are you sure that was your problem and not a loose connection with your EVAP? Because, the later is a very common problem and one that will give you an check engine light. Regarding your code, what octane are you running?

siglinux

Honestly, I don't know of anyone who's had issues with their EGR valve. Are you sure that was your problem and not a loose connection with your EVAP? Because, the later is a very common problem and one that will give you an check engine light. Regarding your code, what octane are you running?

Is there truth to using a higher Octane? I have run the cheap regular.... What do you use?

As far as the EGR, I turned the key and had a bunch of 0300 to 0400 codes. Dealership ( owner is a close family member) said his techs said replace the EGR....
Since the check engine light has come on again, I will let him take it back and research it at the dealership.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there truth to using a higher Octane? I have run the cheap regular.... What do you use?

As far as the EGR, I turned the key and had a bunch of 0300 to 0400 codes. Dealership ( owner is a close family member) said his techs said replace the EGR....
Since the check engine light has come on again, I will let him take it back and research it at the dealership.

I run 87 just like the manual says to and the engine is designed to run. Running a higher or lower octane will give you issues.

If you're still getting a check engine light on, there is a problem elsewhere and, more than likely around your EVAP.

Top Bottom